• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this bacterial..?

Are these spots on my aji limo a problem ?

Not dirt on the surface, tried cleaning them off. This is the second or third pod that has gotten a few of these brown small spots. Must be 50+ pods on this plant that doesn't have spots, but they are still green. Will they all get spots once they ripen..? Plant looks very healthy with tons of new growth and pods/flowers.

Attachments

• spots ajilimo9_17-19.jpg
    spots ajilimo9_17-19.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 69
I'm in FL too, and I am seeing the same thing.  Seems to not be detrimental, just cosmetic, But then again I could be eating Ebola.  Others in this forum have more experience with this plant.  I just grew my first Lemon Drop this year.

Chorizo857_62J said:
I'm in FL too, and I am seeing the same thing.  Seems to not be detrimental, just cosmetic, But then again I could be eating Ebola.  Others in this forum have more experience with this plant.  I just grew my first Lemon Drop this year.

Thanks for the reply.

Ya, my first year with aji limo also...

Found another couple limo pods today with brown spots.

Like to know what it is thats doing this and if anything can be done...?

I live in FL and that's what happens to my plants when there is excessive water intake.

Someone else who knows more can chime in though.

I've been getting brown blotches like that on a lot of my limo podss too, though mine are much bigger.

It doesn't seem like blossom end rot because the blemished skin is still firm like the rest of the fruit, though. Definitely seems to be some kind of nutrient deficiency because it seemed to subside in newer pods after I added some organic fertilizer and they've been wholly absent on my stunted plant that has much greener foliage then the other two (Though comparatively smaller pods).

I feel like I ought to taste a piece to see if removing it is even necessary or not.

Back