Is this bird bites?

Netting. It doesn't need to be fine mesh, just something to prevent them from landing on the branches. You can get purpose made nets from the home improvement store, or just improvise with found materials.

Yup triangle means bird, you may find chunks below, the bird goes in for seeds, then realises holly #@$×&, kills the pepper and flies off, so far I have a bobble head owl, electronic noise emitter, big eyes its a ball with eyes that hangs, cds hanging, and the best to date is silver tape, its expensive but I think it is what has make the biggest difference

Go to page 2 of this thread
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40103-help-in-id-this-caterpillar-update-bird-on-cam/

I have added CD's with washers on the strings to make noise etc. I will check on the netting I think they are landing on the ground because the plants are short.

theme parks n stuff just use like one or 2 wires across an area and they stop coming thru for some reason get few rows of fishing line above em

Id recommend using some Tinsel. The same stuff used for Christmas trees.  We've used it for our peach trees at my grandmas house and it keeps the birds from biting the peaches. Just tie a few strands every couple feet all around the tree. Its very inexpensive and works  

Dave2000 said:

Most if not all birds can't taste the heat in capsaicin, it doesn't affect them. 
This is true! Birds don't have capsaicin sensors and have no clue its hot. That's in their beaks tho but I'm bout so sure about there ass. Lol.. Any way i just wanted to mention we've raised birds before (chickens and turkey) and i caught the kids feeding them pods. It does nothing to the birds what so ever.

I lost a few pods last year to birds.... interestingly, they only went after the butch ts and only the ones starting to ripen and they only went after the green parts....
They never went after the scotch bonnets or santa fe grandes which were always bigger than the butch t pods they got.... and there were marks on a white hab pod stem that makes me think one tried to just take the whole pod....

smileyguy697 said:
This is true! Birds don't have capsaicin sensors and have no clue its hot. That's in their beaks tho but I'm bout so sure about there ass. Lol.. Any way i just wanted to mention we've raised birds before (chickens and turkey) and i caught the kids feeding them pods. It does nothing to the birds what so ever.
lol thats true they may not taste it but im pretty sure they feel it coming out :rofl:

Back