Is this Blossom End Rot?

These bell peppers are still growing but noticed one bruised like this. 

Is it B.E.R.?

null_zps7b2f05b2.jpg

null_zpse8792504.jpg

It does look that way, though when it happens on mine it usually is a small light brown patch while that could be BER or a bug bite or something else.

When the rot is still full of moisture like that it spreads a lot faster so you might as well pick any that have wet rot and cut that off to save the rest of the pepper and not waste any more of the plant's energy on it... while dry light brown BER can often be left alone and won't spread much but it does tend to cause the pepper to ripen faster starting at that area.

Thanks guys. I am also batteling some thrips at the moment but none of my other pepers from other plants have any spots. I guess it makes sense that its BER , since im using coco/perlite and have read in several sources that coco draws calcium, or something like that.... 

gave it a shot of ye ol cal mag, will do so on all of the plants throughout the week just in case. The plant is producing well so hopefully the next peppers will come out fine. we will see

Ray

Good luck with the thrips, my friend. I just beat an infestation of indoor fungus gnats on both my potted plants. Those motherfuckers took months to finally kill. May the gods of spice be with you.

Back