Is this blossom end rot ?

I have this one Scorpion plant that I keep getting these type of peppers, is this BER if so how do I correct it, so sad to lose these nice looking peppers. PS these plants are mostly shaded for the last month or so with little direct sun

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend. 

Attachments

• scorp1.jpg
    scorp1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 95
  • scorp2.jpg
    scorp2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 84
Blossom end rot tends to start on the tip of a pepper and often while it's still small.

Spots that start showing up after the fruit has reached a good size are likely something else.

Laheat said:
I have this one Scorpion plant that I keep getting these type of peppers, is this BER if so how do I correct it, so sad to lose these nice looking peppers. PS these plants are mostly shaded for the last month or so with little direct sun

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

CaneDog said:

post-15688-0-63740900-1569632032_thumb.jpg

In above pic I also noted the stem looks shriveled/blackened. The only time I've seen this is when ripe fruit is left on plant too long at end of season. Begs the question, how long have fruit been ripe?

There are also cracks running along the pod from one of the soft spots.  I see something similar every year in my clustered Faria/Tabago pods at the end of the season when it starts to get cool and wet, but I don't remember such distinct soft spots of a different color. I assume it's some form of fungus/rot, in which case it might be improved with better air circulation or even a fungicide, but I've never worried about it myself because it happens when my season is over. Overripe pods would certainly lead to rotting, but those at least appear fairly firm still, affected areas excluded.

Back