Is this Carolina Reaper?

Recently I bought some seeds of carolina reaper from a seller on ebay but the very smooth appearance of pepper make me believe that it is not carolina reaper , someone could tell me which pepper is that?

To my knowledge that doesn't look like a reaper.  Maybe a red hab, or red savina?  Someone more learned than I can confirm.

I really want to eat that shiny one in the first pic.  :)

thanks for the fast reply, its hard to hear that, and i have tasted it and at least it is hotter than bhut jolokia.

thanks, it taste realy good, a bite on the pure pepper burns for at least 10 min, well its hard to describe the taste but is good and spice.

It is probably from a carolina reaper pod, but there was a cross-pollination, or the plant self-pollinated and had unstable genetic tendencies, which is more likely.... what you have is probably a regression back to one of the original parents of the carolina reaper, which is said to be part red habanero.

Those peppers look exactly like some of the plants that were grown out from my "saved ButchT seeds."

Original Butch T:
ButchT8.JPG
Dark Red, Very folded, Pronounced Tailing Effect, Thick-Walled, Very,Very Hot

Saved Butch T seeds:
MysteryF1.JPG
Pink, More smooth than folded, Little to no tailing, Thin Walled, Hot

Fred said:
Recently I bought some seeds of carolina reaper from a seller on ebay but the very smooth appearance of pepper make me believe that it is not carolina reaper , someone could tell me which pepper is that?

You said it yourself, e-bay! Probably the reason you got what you got, but at least you are getting something. I started the same as you did last year, except none of mine germinated. Then I found this great place. The pods do however look very nice, and glad they light you up.
If it makes you feel better, i actually bought a couple of varieties the samr day from 2 different sellers with a zero germination rate.

not a reaper my friend ,  never order from ebay ( for the most part ) there is some legit sellers > but buy from reputable sellers .  but hey not a total loss sit back and enjoy ! looks like BUTCH  " T " and  their nice and  :hot:

sicman said:
No. not sure exactlly what it is? But no reaper.

Now that you have found the gretest site in the world you will be able to find real seeds.
Same thought- No Reaper
It pays to go with a trusted resource.

Look in the forum called "Vendor Vault" for advice. It will tell you which companies to buy seeds from -- also who to avoid.

Almost everyone likes Pepperlover.com, Semillas Seeds, and Buckeye Pepper Company. There are other good merchants as well.

Purchase or trade seeds with other members of this forum.

It is good that the peppers you're growing taste nice and spicy... It will be even better when you get the seeds you want! Welcome to THP!

Back