• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this normal for peppers?

This is my Sandia pepper. It suppose to turn red but it's looking like it's "drying out" so to speak. Should I just go ahead and pull it? I water everyday (not much just enough to get the top soil wet) because it's been 100+ all week.

I also have a New Mexico chili next to it (I think the last pepper is one of them) that is doing something very similar. They are in the same pot.

photo hosting

upload picture

I had red cayennes do the same thing last year, only half the pod turned red and dried out. For them, winter was starting and they went into hybernation. I do not know what is the cause for yours, but I would pull them off. Let the plant focus it energy elsewhere.

The heat may be the problem, a bit of shade may help, I have few full sun cucmber plants, but because the sun is so dreadfully hot they started to suffer, yellowing and wilting, I put a lattice above them to help them from the beating sun, it is not a complete shade, scatters the direct heat. Within 2 weeks they have double in size and look so much healthier. They are starting to produce for me now too. Just an idea when it is too much.

It may help. My cucmbers would grow up to 1.5" then die off. I used the lattice and two days ago noticed they are hitting 4" and still dark green. The leaves darkened up too. Made a huge difference.

My buddy who lives coastal (I live in a higher elevation) has his cucumbers in full sun and they are growing like weeds.

(I blame Opera Mini)

I do have a cucumber and it got demolished back to back hail storms (all but 2 leafs) and now it's making a great comeback. It has no shade and is seeing the same sun. I dunno. I'm sure that heat is not GOOD for them but I wouldn't think it would do that to a pepper.

Cut it open, looks like bacterial rot if its brown inside trash it and pull the others that match. treat entire(including the roots) plant with H202 mix

TO THIS AMOUNT OF WATER
ADD THIS AMOUNT OF 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
--OR-- ADD THIS AMOUNT OF 35% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE

The water is

1 cup THIS AMOUNT OF WATER
1 tablespoon 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
1/4 teaspoon 35% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE and so forth down the page

1 pint
2 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon

1 quart
1/4 cup
1 teaspoon

1 gallon
1 cup
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon

5 gallons
5 cups
6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons

10 gallons
10 cups
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoons

20 gallons
20 cups
1 and 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons

Cut it open, looks like bacterial rot if its brown inside trash it and pull the others that match. treat entire(including the roots) plant with H202 mix

TO THIS AMOUNT OF WATER
ADD THIS AMOUNT OF 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
--OR-- ADD THIS AMOUNT OF 35% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE

The water is

1 cup THIS AMOUNT OF WATER
1 tablespoon 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
1/4 teaspoon 35% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE and so forth down the page

1 pint
2 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon

1 quart
1/4 cup
1 teaspoon

1 gallon
1 cup
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon

5 gallons
5 cups
6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons

10 gallons
10 cups
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoons

20 gallons
20 cups
1 and 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons

I'm not going to lie I have no idea what you just said there.

mix water with some hydrogen peroxide and treat the plant and roots with it. he was just showing you the ratio so you wouldn't have to do any math.

I wouldn't repot until after you fix the problem don't give the bad guys a new home. you may need to do 3 treatments spread out over 2 weeks, every 3-5 days, I treat my plants ever 7-10 days regardless how they look, this part of Florida has rain just about every day this time of year.

Back