is this normal growth?

i transplanted these pepper plants from cups to these 1 gallon pots. they have been in the pots for 2 weeks and they seem to be getting really bushy and flowering instead of taller and i have been removing flowers. 
last year my plants grew taller and did not flower so small i dont know what to do and they seem kind of unhealthy. is this normal?
i think i might have left them in the cups for a little to long.

All pepper types have their particular growth habits, all of which is influenced by climate and soil quality. You may have given them a good dose of nitrogen since they are so leafy, but still very healthy looking.

I wouldn't pick any more flowers, i would only lightly use fertilizer that has a lower nitrogen ratio compared to the other ingredients but this is after you get them into bigger pots, within a week or two would be a good idea btw. No less than 4 or 5 gallon but larger is always preferable, especially if you have a longer growing season as many do in California, this way your plants will keep growing till your long season ends.

Give them one day in the shade after potting up, this helps their recovery process.

They are Butch t morugas, yellow ghosts, naga viper, 7 pot chocolate. I think your right I recently used fertilizer and also gave them the water from my hydroponics. Also I did have a problem with aphids and also yes there are copper stains on the bottom. And I am also going to buy a small bottle of Cal mag oror do egg shells work if anyone has tryed it.

Egg shells take too long to break down and work. Cal-mag works right away.

But i'd save my money and use a balanced product after potting up, just make sure the nitrogen number is lower (NPK).

A good quick solution is Espoma Tomato Tone. It has just about everything that established peppers need, and has the right NPK numbers for bigger plants that need to start flowering. Home Depot and Lowes should carry it for less than $10. Make sure to follow the dose directions on the package. Ingredients PDF link.

Otherwise i just started using Urban Farms Texas Tomato food, competition grade fertilizer at dirt cheap prices, and free shipping. 1 Table spoon per gallon concentrate, one quart goes a long way. I think Amazon carries the larger sizes. Here's a discussion link.

Jetchuka said:
Egg shells take too long to break down and work. Cal-mag works right away.

But i'd save my money and use a balanced product after potting up, just make sure the nitrogen number is lower (NPK).

A good quick solution is Espoma Tomato Tone. It has just about everything that established peppers need, and has the right NPK numbers for bigger plants that need to start flowering. Home Depot and Lowes should carry it for less than $10. Make sure to follow the dose directions on the package. Ingredients PDF link.

Otherwise i just started using Urban Farms Texas Tomato food, competition grade fertilizer at dirt cheap prices, and free shipping. 1 Table spoon per gallon concentrate, one quart goes a long way. I think Amazon carries the larger sizes. Here's a discussion link.

thanks alot you helped me out alot

Mites leave a coppery colored residue on the undersides of leaves get some bug spray FAST!!!!!  I use neem oil mixed with dog tick and flea shampoo,  do it fast and treat your plants every 3 days for about 10 days.   trim the damaged leaves off at the stem, your plants have been poisoned drastic measures need to be taken.....GL

Prehensile said:
Mites leave a coppery colored residue on the undersides of leaves get some bug spray FAST!!!!!  I use neem oil mixed with dog tick and flea shampoo,  do it fast and treat your plants every 3 days for about 10 days.   trim the damaged leaves off at the stem, your plants have been poisoned drastic measures need to be taken.....GL
i have some really strong poison that kills a very long list of bug but im afraid it might kill the lady bugs that somtimes hang out on my plants

Back