• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this normal???

I know a lot about flower drop and causes and such, but I just wanted to know if it's normal for C. Chinese's to drop first flowers stem and all? If so how many stages of flower growth are there for the C. Chinese's??? Thanks

How is your drainage? I just read that overwatering with poor drainage may cause root rot, which could manifest itself with dropping flowers and stems :(

I wouldn't worry. My habaneros lost blooms all winter. They are just now remaining on the plant.
Any yes, the bloom and stem both fall together.

Its normal - anytime things aren't just quite right a Chinense (and any pepper I suppose) will cast its flowers and the stamen that connects it to the plant off.

too much or little fert, too much water, wrong temps, and bad hairdays all can possibly cause the flowers to drop.

they will set when the plant is ready though, and you'll have fruit in no time :)

Its normal - anytime things aren't just quite right a Chinense (and any pepper I suppose) will cast its flowers and the stamen that connects it to the plant off.

too much or little fert, too much water, wrong temps, and bad hairdays all can possibly cause the flowers to drop.

they will set when the plant is ready though, and you'll have fruit in no time :)

Gotcha thank you!

I couldn't agree more with jess. My plants will drop flowers like crazy for weeks then out of nowhere buds start popping. No real changes in weather,ferts or watering pattern, Oh and peppers and seeds are heading your way Jon :cool:

It's fairly common for plants growing indoors to drop some of the flowers. I use two fans and my plants whip around pretty good. If pollen is produced the flowers tend to stay and their stems thicken, but if there's no intro to pollen a flower has a window that closes pretty quick. Long light cycles and high humidity can also effect the results. The plants need to rest and I've noticed better results when there is a total dark period everyday in the grow area..........just my opinion

Greg

It's fairly common for plants growing indoors to drop some of the flowers. I use two fans and my plants whip around pretty good. If pollen is produced the flowers tend to stay and their stems thicken, but if there's no intro to pollen a flower has a window that closes pretty quick. Long light cycles and high humidity can also effect the results. The plants need to rest and I've noticed better results when there is a total dark period everyday in the grow area..........just my opinion

Greg

Thanks Greg! Temps should be fine 70-90 I think the humidity gauge isnt working on my thermometer (need a new one) I increased my fan speed from medium to high. I have 2 fans going as well. I think if I'm not mistaken a lot of it may have something to do if whether the plant is ready to produce or not? But I'm still a learning rookie! lol

Back