• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this really an Aji Cristal?

I sprouted an Aji Cristal and have this plant with a few pods lableled as an "aji cristal," but I suspect I may have mislabeled it.

Also, the one huge thick pod has not changed colornor grown in a week and I find it hard to believe that this is the mature color.

Here are the pics. Please advise:

photo4-1.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Looks just like the Aji Cristals I am growing this year. They start off waxy colored, and turn a nice lighter red color when ripe. Delicious C.Baccatum flavor even at that stage, once the greenness is gone and it is just light yellow.

Ok,

Thanks for the confirmation. This plant has been in the ground for 98 days. Any idea how much longer it will take to get red.

Depends on how long the pods have been formed and at that size. I have over a dozen pods on my plant, and they aren't full size after about a month. Usually, Aji Cristal gets to be about the size of a good-sized Jalapeno, but a llittle more pointed on the end. How big are those pods in the pictures?

It could be about a month or maybe more once they reach full size, that's from my climate here in Upper Michigan, which is about the same as in New York, as far as the sun's intensity goes. So, probably a month or so.

Back