• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

is this some kind of a Caribbean pepper ?

I bought this as a Caribbean pepper. Could this be an MOA ?

Attachments

• plant id.jpg
    plant id.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 66
I was thinking that but I have some Bishops hats that look different than these. I'll post some pics. These bishops seem more squaty and the ones in the OP seem more elongated and shaped differently. 

PepperLover said:
Bishop's Hat
Baccatum
Take a look at the differences, thanks !

Attachments

• bishops.jpg
    bishops.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 48
Correct 
The bishop's hat has many names and variations. Some believe it is the same pepper with minor differences, others believe every pepper is different.

This is one of the reasons why this pepper called so many names such as Balloon, Pimenta Cambuci,Campane, Monks Cap, Chapeau de Farde, Peri Peri, Ubatuba Cambuci, Aji Flor, Christmas Bell and Bishops Crown or hat.

Now are they all the same pepper. For some such as TheChileMan.org http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=Bishop&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&subscribe=Search database, they are NOT the same pepper. SO it is possible that each one has its own unique shape, thus name.

However, They are all sharing some common features. All must be Baccatum, Not hot on the side, hot in the middle, has a hat, balloon, bell, cap..etc shape.

The one I have has really wide very sweet wings/sides

HPIM6000.jpg

HPIM5994.jpg

PepperLover said:
Correct 
The bishop's hat has many names and variations. Some believe it is the same pepper with minor differences, others believe every pepper is different.

This is one of the reasons why this pepper called so many names such as Balloon, Pimenta Cambuci,Campane, Monks Cap, Chapeau de Farde, Peri Peri, Ubatuba Cambuci, Aji Flor, Christmas Bell and Bishops Crown or hat.

Now are they all the same pepper. For some such as TheChileMan.org http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=Bishop&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any&subscribe=Search database, they are NOT the same pepper. SO it is possible that each one has its own unique shape, thus name.

However, They are all sharing some common features. All must be Baccatum, Not hot on the side, hot in the middle, has a hat, balloon, bell, cap..etc shape.

The one I have has really wide very sweet wings/sides

HPIM6000.jpg

HPIM5994.jpg
Thank you for the clarification. The ones in my 2nd pic are as you described sweet on the outside and some decent heat near the placenta area. I'll see how the ones in the 1st pic taste after they ripen in a few weeks.

Back