• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this something to worry about?

I noticed spots on our hostas today and was worring that it might be bacterial spot or blight and spread to my peppers since they are side by side? I also notice tiny spots on two of my peppers but it happen to be the two I sprayed with epsom salt. I sprayed at night but wondered if it might be from that?
001-9.jpg

002-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

Hey, it's wrong pepper :)
I never grew Hosta but such a burn may be caused of Potassium lack or overwatering. Or just because yer spray became lens on a leaf and sunlight turned to a kind of laser :)
PS First I thought that's Piper nigrum :D

Yep, spots are likely from your spray. Very few diseases effect chiles, and none of them will spread from other plants to your peppers, unless the other plants are solanaceous ie. tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplante, other peppers, etc. Even diseases of other solanaceous plants seldom are compatible with other plants. Thusly, VERY few tomato diseases will cross over and effect tomatillos or peppers.

FiveStar said:
Yep, spots are likely from your spray. Very few diseases effect chiles, and none of them will spread from other plants to your peppers, unless the other plants are solanaceous ie. tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplante, other peppers, etc. Even diseases of other solanaceous plants seldom are compatible with other plants. Thusly, VERY few tomato diseases will cross over and effect tomatillos or peppers.
Thanks, once again I'm worring too much. I remember you said that my sycamore disease wouldn't spread to my peppers but I didn't know if hosta diseases would.

Back