• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this strange?

Well, I have started to notice on my last batch of seedlings something appears to be off. They're only a week old and they seem to have a very odd 'hue' to them. They're the yellowest batch of seedlings I have ever seen and I'm not sure if its paranoia on my part or something is off. They have not been fertilized per se, but the crap type of soil they're in makes me think it may be unintentional (over fertilization). At the time all I had was some peat (they were planted in the pellets) and some MG Organic AKA MG SuperCrap. I'm not sure if the MG Organic has enough fert in it to make them look like this. Last batch of seedlings months ago was just in seed starting mix, and appeared green and lush. Their light cycle is 20 - 4. I usually water once a day at maximum, but try to let them go for two. So I guess my main question would be should I let them continue to grow on like this and will they be healthy? Or try to switch back into another soil at this stage? I'm just afraid they may not take well to a transplant right now and it could be hazardous. I've seen yellowing of leaves before on larger plants, but never on seedlings a week old. Unless I'm a big idiot and being the paranoid chilihead who posts every time he sees anything changes, let me know your opinions on what you think it could be and what I can do.
Also, excuse some of my camera shots. The macro couldnt go in all the way, and some are blurry but you can still the see contrast of the new true leaves coming in.
DSC00990.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

They are a SLIGHT bit yellow, but nature isn't perfect so I would just let them grow and do their thing for now.

Updated...

Well its been a little bit and things keep getting worse. I've come to the basic conclusion that these plants are starving. The MG Organic must have very little nutrients in it at all. I water once a week or less, so the watering has been cut back. Same light schedule. No pests at all. Very slow growth. I'm going to transplant them into larger cups. Use Pro-Mix BX as my medium. Mix 25% in with worm castings, 20% top soil (sand and peat) and the rest Pro-Mix. Gonna add a pinch of Epsom salt in the hole, some blood and bone meal as well. Anyone else agree? Disagree? Suggestions?
DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

Some of my super hots was like that in the start, if not all of them... after awhile they got nice and bushy ;) But i used rockwool and i think the PH was a bit off and i think i used to much fertz. After 2-3 weeks i checked the ph more often and less fertz.
Also dropped some leavs. Is it some super hots? Or what vars are those?
So no real good tips for you more then take good care of them and give them light! ;)

i wuld say its superhots! They seems to be tricky to get started. If you got alot of them, try diff things in diff pots. Like add some nutes like FadetoBlack said in 1 and mybe cut down the watering on some, repott one (bad ide) but alwas worth a try. Then you prolly figure it out so you know for next time!
As it culd be alot of diff things, all from PH to overwatering. But then agin this is my first year growing Hots at all ;)

Back