• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this Trinidad Scorpion Moruga?

As the title asks. Thanks in advance.

2w51tnr.jpg

s1u420.jpg

the shape is very moruga though, and a quick internet search did come up with similar looking pods labeled as Morugas so its always possible there are two phenotypes that show up.  My personal experience has always been they are very wrinkled.  How do they taste? Morugas have a very distinct bitter perfume (one of the best IMO) and I liken the heat to being smacked on the tongue with a wirebrush, its very stingy as opposed to stabby.

OK, first I'd like to address that I also did a google image search prior to asking this question and there is a lot of conflicting information, especially when looking at the images. From what I understand there is also a Moruga Red, but I can't find any real concrete info on this pepper.

So, now on to smelling and tasting this pepper. The aroma or scent that I first realized after cutting them open was very floral, a very pleasant smell. I sliced off a very small piece to try and man, that thing is HOT. Now keep in mind I'm not a super hot chilli head that eats raw peppers, I grow the super hots to add to my hot sauces. This little bite, the tiny little sliver hit my throat right away, I tasted the sweet, floral for a second, then, BOOM, it hit throat then my tongue and then the roof and the bottom of my mouth. 15 minutes later and my mouth is still numb from that little sliver.

My guess is that this is a cross. I have saved some seed if anyone is interested, probably enough for 3 people.

yeah i def wouldnt describe a Moruga as sweet.  If it's a cross it wont breed true so that would be a definite give away. But if its yummy who cares!  Gotta be careful though, i had a hab/jap crossbreed i grew out and one strain looked like a red hab and tasted like dookie, the other looked like a funky jap and was awesome!

Back