wanted ISO: Wild Brazil pepper seeds + other rare/unique varieties

Hello, 

I've been a member here since 2016 but have rarely posted. I'm looking to source some Wild Brazil pepper seeds. I have grown them in the past, and they were amazing but I was unable to salvage seeds from my plant. I'm also looking for other rare and unique peppers, both in terms of flavor and appearance. Will also purchase any large mix of seed strains if the price is good! Looking to buff my collection this year and will pay whatever is fair, paypal, venmo, crypto, whatever works best for you. 

Any particular pepper?
There is not one pepper called "wild brazil".
There are a handful of wild peppers from brazil

The Wild Brazil was a favorite plant of mine when I grew them out 3 years ago.  They tasted great - kinda like a really hot skittle.  My only complaint on them was picking - the plants were prolific but the pods were quite small and I'd be bent over for ages at a time getting them all.  Seeds are in stock at reimers and puckerbut is selling a Wild Brazil Orange credited to Chris Phillips that looks pretty interesting. 

Other unique peppers you might investigate:

Fish Pepper (a personal favorite)
Peter Pepper
Yaki Blue
Maui Purple

Best of luck!  :)

SmokenFire said:
The Wild Brazil was a favorite plant of mine when I grew them out 3 years ago.  They tasted great - kinda like a really hot skittle.  My only complaint on them was picking - the plants were prolific but the pods were quite small and I'd be bent over for ages at a time getting them all.  Seeds are in stock at reimers and puckerbut is selling a Wild Brazil Orange credited to Chris Phillips that looks pretty interesting. 

Other unique peppers you might investigate:

Fish Pepper (a personal favorite)
Peter Pepper
Yaki Blue
Maui Purple

Best of luck!  :)

Yaki Blue is a cool looking plant, but I've yet to try a pod.  Care to share your impression of the peppers SF? - you know, even if it's just like, your opinion, man...

CaneDog said:

Yaki Blue is a cool looking plant, but I've yet to try a pod.  Care to share your impression of the peppers SF? - you know, even if it's just like, your opinion, man...

lol CaneDog.

Taste wise they were very fruity, with the traditional floral chinense flavor up front.  Sudden heat, all over the mouth burn.  I was hoping they would not be quite that hot actually.  Great for bumping up heat in hot sauces or salsa, though I dried most and used them in spice blends. 

SmokenFire said:
...the plants were prolific but the pods were quite small and I'd be bent over for ages at a time getting them all. Seeds are in stock at reimers...

wild-brazil-reimerseeds.jpg

Wow, those do look like an incredible PITA to pick...  :eh:

Back