• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

It a Real Grind

Thought that I would share a picture of the flakes/powders that I've ground down so far. They're a combination of flakes and powders, smoked and non-smoked, medium heat through super hot. There are approximately 45 bottles that I've done so far (some are covered by the bags). I still have a 2 or 3 dehydrater loads to go (5 racks each). Its been a pretty good year for me - I give these away as Christmas presents to my family, friends, and the people that work for me.

P1020021.jpg

WOW! Very Nice!

Is the baggie on the right in the front all seeds or does it just look like it's all seeds because of the light colored chiles?

edit- funny thing, when I saw the thread title, this is EXACTLY what I was expecting to see! LOVE IT!

Fine looking powder.
You give that away to your employees? If you were in Pittsburgh I'd soooo fill out an app haha.

WOW! Very Nice!

Is the baggie on the right in the front all seeds or does it just look like it's all seeds because of the light colored chiles?

edit- funny thing, when I saw the thread title, this is EXACTLY what I was expecting to see! LOVE IT!
just looks like a bag of seeds. they're all yellow/orange chiles - aji limon, charapita, beni highlands, datil

just looks like a bag of seeds. they're all yellow/orange chiles - aji limon, charapita, beni highlands, datil

that's what I figured, from the nature of the post. Wonderful looking stuff. What do you use to grind?

looks like you got one hell of a yield this year! awsome stuff! looking forward to doing a beni highlands review! take care and thanks again!

that's what I figured, from the nature of the post. Wonderful looking stuff. What do you use to grind?
typically for the flakes i first break down the pods with my hands while they are in a freezer bag, then transfer and take them to the desired consistency by grinding with mortar and pestle. for the powders, i substitute an electric coffee bean grinder for the mortar and pestle and grind into powder. depending on what i'm going to use the powder for, i may also grind down some kosher salt, oregeno, cumin, or other additional spices to add to the chile. i grind all of the spices seperately and then mix together at the end.

Very nice haul you've got there buddy!
I'm just hours away from a "day long grind" myself.
...and thanks to you....at this time next season, I'll have some Aji Limon, Tabago Seasoning, and Peruvian Pointer to grind and use in my powder bends.

Back