• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

It has been a Great Ride - 2009 Season

Whelp, the days are getting shorter and shorter, and the nights are consistently down in the 40's. This week low's may dip into the high 30's.

My season is done. In fact, I harvested what I could from my plants today and cut them down. I am going to try and overwinter a Morich but don't know how successful this will be especially if it is as harsh winter.

Here in Philly, especially if it is not a warm year, the growing season is not much more than 5 months.

Already thinking about the 2010 seasons as Douglah, Yellow 7's and T Scorps will be in the mix. Already got seeds from Hippy for 2 out of 3. Will make a couple more seed purchases and trades before early January when the ride will start again.

Good luck to all the Aussie's in their budding grow season.

Peace out!

Good luck next year. 5 months must be horrible. I didn't get my seeds in the dirt until late April and I'm hoping to get at least 4-6 more weeks from my plants that have really been producing like made the last month. I picked over 5 pounds of peppers in one month. Next year I hope to have them at least 4-5" tall before putting the outside.

Well, until I started growing pepper, fall use to be a favorite season of mine. Now though, it has become a dreaded season, filled with clearing my garden beds and saying good bye to my beloved plants.

My season is also over for the most part. I picked everything that was worth picking regardless of the color. The dehydrator is running 24/7, the fridge has several gallon ziplock bags half full of peppers waiting their turn and the pile to grind continues to grow.

Going to attempt to keep a Red Savina, one 7 Pot "Brain Strain" and one Bhut Jolokia plant over the winter.

Back