• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

It is what it is 2023

L0UFxDi.jpg

Under extreme pressure from my peers :lol: I am reluctantly starting my 2023 glog
Haven't actually planted any seeds yet, but it won't be long before I succumb to the gentle scent of compost, the lure of germination and the excitement of seeing a sprout
I am, however, cleaning all my plant tags if that's not commitment I don't know what is

Last edited:
this is just so weird - tomato seeds coming up, no heat mat, just window ledge and greenhouse, planted last Saturday while the riots were going on.
That's it annuums you're dead meat
I'll go check them now and they'll be popping and looking embarrassed

and you want to know the worst thing? Yes? Good.
The chinenses that I planted 5 days after the annuums are up and waving around

So riddle me this -
heat mat too hot for annuums? 25-26 deg C
seeds don't like being soaked in dilute lemon juice? Possibly but everything else has been happy with it
Same compost
Same seed trays
Rain water for watering

What is going on here?

MnPjdJ1.gif

Last edited:
and you want to know the worst thing? Yes? Good.
The chinenses that I planted 5 days after the annuums are up and waving around

So riddle me this -
heat mat too hot for annuums? 25-26 deg C
seeds don't like being soaked in dilute lemon juice? Possibly but everything else has been happy with it
Same compost
Same seed trays
Rain water for watering

What is going on here?

MnPjdJ1.gif

I know everyone has their preference but I set the thermostat for my heat mat at 85°f/29-30c, with heat probe down half way in one of the center cells. It works for me.

The state of play so far - time for some more bad photos :lol:
The overwintered babies
IyrTTXTm.jpg

1st phase peppers
7Smunlim.jpg

1zZNmPFm.jpg

2nd phase
Ik7tZybm.jpg

3rd phase
4fqmvaPm.jpg

iLALlrim.jpg

4th phase
vlW97oOm.jpg

sFt0cMRm.jpg

5th phase are still snug indoors
6th phase waiting to be potted on
7th phase soaking
And the Black Hungarians are still asleep :cry:

I now have the "germinate and be damned" jalapeno seeds coming up after 4 days (same compost, last year's seeds and same heat) - after waiting 27 days for the last lot to show.
I'm thinking about chucking a load of Black Hungarian seeds into a seed tray and putting them out in the greenhouse, no heat mat, and see what happens. Can't be worse than it is now.
Tough love remember :lol:

Last edited:
Back