• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Italian Roaster + Serrano Chile peppers

I have a ton - they are green atm - not sure what to do. I like'em sauteed with tomatoes garlic and onions and use on sandwiches but with oil in the mix I dont think I can can them with a hot water bath. I can pickle them ? They have a fair amount of heat and flavor I dont want to lose them.

I also have a LOT of serranos I was thinking of letting some turn red(?) and dry them or just dry them green. I can make salsa but I would like to use them in other dishes as well.

Does someone have a Italian Roaster and also Serrano recipes thaey would to share?

I am going to freeze my over abundant peppers that I can not onload.

Then I can make them later with only a little softness of the pepper but the taste and flavor should be the same as when picked.

For the first batches of pepper that I did not sell or use I put them in a jar with bacteria and salt and vinegar and will make mixed salsa---I have 1 gallon and a quart going right now. I think that will be enough for xmas presents and lots of eating.

Just what I am doing if that gives you any ideas. Plus I always leave my peppers on the plant till they are done. I think they have a better flavor.

Peace

Back