• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

It's about bloody time

IMG_0861.jpg

Please tell me that this pod is starting to ripen, not starting to rot or getting ready to jump ship. The plant itself has crawled through a tunnel of sh!t and it's about time it comes out the other end clean!

It would be such a nice little Christmas surprise...

Novacastrian said:
REally need a close up, it looks sick from the photo. Like brown around the top of the pod?
Yeah, it is indeed a bit brown up there... that's why I'm not so sure it's starting to ripen - but rather getting ready to drop off or rot or some shit.

No need to explain why the plant has barely any leaves either? hahaha. The leaves you do see are a combination of new growth and leftover mauled growth... the plant was literally stripped down to just twigs and two pods.

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Im not sure to be honest. At first glance it looks as though the brown is evil but the color of the top of the pod looks fine if not a little pale to my eyes. Is the area that looks brown soft at all?

Maybe it will drop one pod to put it's last effort into producing one pod with viable seed? It wants to reproduce...

my_key said:
Maybe it will drop one pod to put it's last effort into producing one pod with viable seed? It wants to reproduce...

Good point, seeing as though it has been abused and sodomised by little rat bastages it would still be trying to recover..

Novacastrian said:
Im not sure to be honest. At first glance it looks as though the brown is evil but the color of the top of the pod looks fine if not a little pale to my eyes. Is the area that looks brown soft at all?
Is it soft? Surprisingly, no - it's as solid as the rest of the pod. As for the pale colouring? I think that may have something to do with my camera. The colour looks as orange as any orange hab I've seen.

The other pod has since started colouring too... and doesn't have that brown crap on the top. If anything, even if I only get one single pod from this plant, I'm happy.

And those bloody rat bastages...! last night got to some tomato volunteers that had popped up in my planter bed. *Sigh* I knew it was only a matter of time...

It looks like it may be okay. But as mentioned, it may drop as soon as the seeds are viable. The plants main concern is reproduction and it may be hyper-vigilant at this point.

Back