• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

its this a bud?

I went to check my plants today and found this!

CAM00310_zps103b8c64.jpg

That's a bud isn't it? All my other peppers i ever grew were outside and i never kept tabs on then this close.

Im no expert in the matter but depending on the age of your plant you may wanna remove the buds during the early stages of plant growth. maybe someone else can confirm this

Im no expert in the matter but depending on the age of your plant you may wanna remove the buds during the early stages of plant growth. maybe someone else can confirm this
There are several different opinions on this - pic your fav. In general, plants go through cycles of what they put their energy into. Early on it's root development, followed by above-ground growth. Once they start producing flowers and pods, they tend to slow down general plant growth and focus their energy on flowering and pod production. So those who are of a mindset to remove buds/flowers do so in order to give the plant more time to focus on developing stems and leaves. Not a bad idea, but there are others with the perspective to let nature take it's course - let the plants do what mama nature tells it to do. No one plucks flowers from plants in the wild, so why intervene in a process that already works? Like I said, pick your favorite perspective.

Yeah i was wondering what to do with it. I want to let it grow but didn't know if it was too early and it wouldn't develop any way. Then i didn't want to have it take away from the growing process. Any other takers on this subject

im in the pick them off bucket.

plants, generally speaking go through growth stages. By removing the buds now, assuming the plant has the room to continue to grow (container size), you give the plant more focus to grow bigger, stronger, more stems etc, which in return will give you greater yield down the road.

pick those off.

I haven't had a chance to mess with them since list night and i was drunk. I, potted a couple more and noticed there on lots of the plants. I'm gonna have some serious scouring to do when i do it. Might just leave them on a plant or two and try and get a little snack. Lol the suspense its killing me. Id go do it now but the lights are off for the night. Working 2 jobs sucks i don't have any time for anything

Back