• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

I've been given these - Can you help identify please?

Hello,

I've been kindly given two sets of plants, and wondered if anyone could help me identify them please?

It would be great to know what I'm growing :-)

Plant One;

Plant Two;

Many thanks,
Simon.

Hi Simon,

Welcome to THP from another UK grower. Are you keeping a glog (grow log) this year? Be good to see your progress if you are.

The top plant, going by the fruit it has produced looks like it could be some sort of bird's eye pepper, may be a demon red. The 2nd plant looks like some sort of Aji or Facing Heaven type of pepper. I'm no expert though so don't take my word for it, I'm sure someone on here will know what they are straight away if I'm wrong.

Where/who did you get them from? Do they have any info on them?

Cheers
Pete

Hi Simon,

Welcome to THP from another UK grower. Are you keeping a glog (grow log) this year? Be good to see your progress if you are.

The top plant, going by the fruit it has produced looks like it could be some sort of bird's eye pepper, may be a demon red. The 2nd plant looks like some sort of Aji or Facing Heaven type of pepper. I'm no expert though so don't take my word for it, I'm sure someone on here will know what they are straight away if I'm wrong.

Where/who did you get them from? Do they have any info on them?

Cheers
Pete

Thanks Pete,

I've only just started growing myself, and have some seedlings and some germinating. I hadn't thought about keeping a grow log, but it seems a good idea.

These ones I've been given came from a friend of the family, whose tanant left them behind in their property. So sadly, no clues there....

I definitely think the top could be some type of bird's eye or thai pepper. The 2nd does look familiar but can't put my finger on it. The pepper looks quite distinctive with it's straight side, sharp point and then a curved back. I have definitely seen this pepper before but can't think what it is.

Yeah start a glog if you have a spare 10 mins a week to update it. There's loads of people on here that have soo much info to share. Much greater than any google search or book. If you do start a glog let me know and I'll check it out.

Where about's in the UK are you growing. I'm in Devon this season and then growing in cheshire next season on some land we have.

Good luck with your plants and glog if you start one off.

Thanks for the input.

I'm in Wiltshire.

Maybe it might be easier to be sure once I have more, and full-size fruits?

I have a few mins to spare, so will have a look at the grow logs. It would be nice to keep a record of what I've done.

Slight complication.........

The tub of plants that I separated out seems to have contained mixed species!!

It did have the one we deemed to be Birds Eye - So I assumed they all were.....

Now that some of the others have fruited, I can see they are the same as the Hungarian Wax.

The only difference I can see is that some plants are more spindly - they look a little wiry and have less foliage, particularly on the lower stem.

Do Birds Eye look like this??

Slight complication.........

The tub of plants that I separated out seems to have contained mixed species!!

It did have the one we deemed to be Birds Eye - So I assumed they all were.....

Now that some of the others have fruited, I can see they are the same as the Hungarian Wax.

The only difference I can see is that some plants are more spindly - they look a little wiry and have less foliage, particularly on the lower stem.

Do Birds Eye look like this??

Back