• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Jalapeno dying.

OoNickoC said:
The Jalapenos I grew in Florida did terrible, same in Hawaii in comparison to Nor Cal. I think it was the constant humidity.

1) Humidity
2) Alkaline environment
3) Unavailable nutrients due to #2 (leading to an eventual build up of salts and nutrient lockout)
4) Insane UV levels
5) Relentless pests
It took me quite a while to figure out how to grow decently here.  It's even worse for me, because I'm right next to the beach.
There are lots of tricks to get around it, but we don't have anywhere near as good as our midwest and northern growers.
Florida is definitely Chinense territory, though...  without question.  Plants still don't look as good, but the yields are insane.

OoNickoC said:
The Jalapenos I grew in Florida did terrible, same in Hawaii in comparison to Nor Cal. I think it was the constant humidity.

Adelaide is really dry and has a death ray instead of a sun - the peppers really do well over here for sure. Think same climate as Phoenix, AZ

Eggplants however, I just started hardening them off and one of them completely wilted within 5 minutes! It was under 50% shade cloth out of direct sunlight and August! He seems to have recovered now though lol.

Back