food Jalapeno / Habanero Chicken Thighs Recipe

This is one of my favorite recipes that I'd like to share here before I add it to my website. The chicken and chillies turn out tender, juicy and flavorful. Best of all, you can add as much or as little of the peppers as you like to control the heat.

Jalapeno / Habanero Chicken Thighs

Ingredients:
1) Package of chicken thighs (can substitute breasts)
2) Chicken broth
3) Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
4) Half a jalapeno and/or half an habanero seeded and chopped (leave a few seeds in if you love the heat like I do!)
5) Half an onion or a whole shallot chopped
6) Olive oil

Steps:
1) Place 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saute pan and heat for a minutes on medium.
2) Lightly season both sides of the chicken thighs with the salt and pepper.
3) Place the chicken pieces in the pot and allow it to brown on one side between 4 to 6 minutes. Turn the pieces over and repeat the browning process. Place the chicken on a plate when done.
4) Add your chopped peppers and onions/shallot to the pan and allow them saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Add your chicken back to the pan and pour the chicken broth inside so that the level reaches the top of the chicken.
6) Cover your pan, turn the heat to low and allow the chicken to continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes.
7) Place the chicken on a plate and spoon some of the broth over it. Position some of the chillies and onions over the top of the chicken.

Extra Credit:
If you have a cold or stuffed up sinuses, shred the chicken, place it in a bowl and add more chicken broth to create a hot, delicious soup. You will be breathing well again in no time :-)

Enjoy!

This sounds like a really cool way to fix chicken. Thanks for sharing, when I give this one a try I'll be sure to post a few pics for you. :)

Welcome, Jenny. That sounds interesting. Does it thicken up at all after you add the broth and cook it? I would think a little flour would be added with the shallot to thicken the sauce a bit. Maybe?:lol: Next time you make it, post some pics.

Thanks for the welcome JayT. No, the sauce doesn't thicken up, but you could certainly add the flour like you suggest. I like to have the chicken with rice so that the broth flavors the everything nicely, or else turn the leftovers into soup, but it's just a matter of preference.

I will definitely post the pics when I can!

Back