• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

recipe Jalapeno Hatch Garlic sauce

A twist on the Pex Garlic Fuego and with Hatch in season it sure worked well. Im a bit floored how good this turned out the first shot. Next version will be Jalapeno/Hatch/Serrano for a tad more heat.
t90Kw3O.jpg

kUDY7oE.jpg

8Oo6py6.jpg

285 grams Green jalapeno (weight is deseeded and cut in half)
110 grams Fresh Hatch Chiles (medium hot)
60 grams Yellow onion
1.4 cups Rice vinegar
4 TBS Lime juice
32 grams Fresh garlic (crushed cloves)
6 grams Cumin powder
4 grams Sea salt

Deseed and roast the jalapenos
Roast then deseed and remove skin from Hatch chiles
Air fry the garlic and onion until just lightly golden. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC.

Toss it all in a pan (except the lime juice) and simmer for 10min.

Let it rest to room temp before blending.

Blend and pour into a bowl or jar. I used a 3 cup Pyrex.

Rinse out the blender with the lime juice. Add that to the sauce also. Let it rest at least a few days then enjoy.

Last edited:
Looks delicious @ShowMeDaSauce. Did you check the pH by chance? With that amount of vinegar and lime juice, it could be shelf stable.

Rice vinegar is a tad lower acidity. Like 4.3%. I did not check the pH of the finished sauce. This recipe though tastes exceptional for a mild sauce. I made it to mimic Garlic Fuego and to be honest........I like it better. Gallon jugs of the vinegar are about $12 at my market and around $20 on Amazon.
I use it for lots of stuff including chicken moo. (Korean sweet pickled radish). Its a common side dish with fried chicken in Korea
aNBb2eh.jpg

The market had some nice poblanos so............ Next version will be serrano and poblano. My serrano peppers this year are good and spicy. I have to make a run to the other market for more Hatch. Probably roast those and vacuum bag them for later use. They were wonderful roasted and peeled.

Looks good! I also use that vinegar.

Did you check the pH by chance? With that amount of vinegar and lime juice, it could be shelf stable.
Just checked it.............3.01pH. I made a similar batch with Hot Wax and a 7% acidity champagne vinegar too.........2.8pH. Both should be shelf stable?

Handed out sample for friends/family to taste. Pops said it was the best green jalapeno sauce he ever had. No one thought it was too hot. I got to agree with pops too.....Best jalapeno verde sauce ive tried.

Last edited:
Just checked it.............3.01pH. I made a similar batch with Hot Wax and a 7% acidity champagne vinegar too.........2.8pH. Both should be shelf stable?

As long as your pH tester is accurate, yes, your sauce would be shelf stable IF you bottle it correctly. On a side note, pH can change with temperature so, unless your tester compensates for temp, you should test your sauce at room temperature.

Anyway, here's what I would do....

This is picking up your process above, after you have rinsed the blender with the lime juice and stored the sauce in the fridge in the 3C pyrex. Within the next few days:

1) Reheat the sauce slowly to 180F and maintain for 10 minutes.
2) I also heat bottles in boiling water
3) fill hot bottles with hot sauce
4) cap tightly (using new caps)
5) invert (at least 10 min. - I do an hour or 2)

You're good to go!

Good luck with it. Your sauce looks great!

Last edited:
Back