• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jalapeno is looking good

I still haven't tried one yet but maybe I should?
2012_0630Begonias20120003.jpg

The question is. Why would you not try one of your own peppers?

I am not sure when they are mature enough megahot.
The pepper these came from was much larger. What the hell I will pick one and see if it's bell pepper tasting or hot like it's parent. ;)

Popper Time!

I have never made those Andrew. I need to! My wife thinks Taco Bell mild sauce is warm enough so all the peppers are mine! :lol:

Before they are full sized they may not have full heat level or taste. I'd try one anyway but then wait for the rest to get to full size... regardless of whether they get as big as the pepper the seed came out of, full size can be judged by the pepper not getting any larger for a week or so, or even less time once you get a feel for hot big prior peppers became.

Taco Bell Mild Sauce. YUCK. It's like gooey onions.

I am not sure when they are mature enough megahot.
The pepper these came from was much larger. What the hell I will pick one and see if it's bell pepper tasting or hot like it's parent. ;)

I have never made those Andrew. I need to! My wife thinks Taco Bell mild sauce is warm enough so all the peppers are mine! :lol:

This is what I do.

Cut up 1 Jala seeds and all mix it in to your favorite ground meat. Add Onion, Cayenne, Cheese, Garlic.
Cut the rest of the Jala's in half and and scoop the mix in and put a little more cheese on top and a sprinkle of paprika for color.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked through. BOOM BOMB ASS SNACK! I saw this here on THP some where so I cant take credit.

Here is a pic. These are with NuMex but same thing. This was one of the best thing I have eaten in a long time!
CIMG0039-1.jpg

Those look more like serranos? My jalaps have a bit of curve and are a tad fatter and shorter than serranos

When you eat them is entirely up to you. A fully ripe jalapeño is red. Waiting until they are fully ripe allows them to develop their full flavor, which some describe as having a certain sweetness. It is like the difference between green and red bell peppers that you buy at the grocery store - green are immature, red are mature. If you haven't tried both side-by-side, to see which you prefer, I recommend you do so. To me, the immature pods have a kind of grassiness that I don't particularly care for; I prefer ripe pods. That said, I will eat unripe pods from time to time, as sometimes that grassiness can be a good compliment to other flavors.

This is what I do.

Cut up 1 Jala seeds and all mix it in to your favorite ground meat. Add Onion, Cayenne, Cheese, Garlic.
Cut the rest of the Jala's in half and and scoop the mix in and put a little more cheese on top and a sprinkle of paprika for color.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked through. BOOM BOMB ASS SNACK! I saw this here on THP some where so I cant take credit.

Here is a pic. These are with NuMex but same thing. This was one of the best thing I have eaten in a long time!
CIMG0039-1.jpg

Your making my mouth water!!!!

Carvin that plant is pushing a lot of jalapenos man!!!! If they are to your likings as far as taste and heat goes, Pick them all!! Then it will put everything into growing new pod sights, all in all more peppers in the long :P NIce plant Carvin. A jalapeno fan myself.

Just picked the biggest one and ate it like candy. No heat at all.

Those look delicious Andrew! :drooling:

Hey don't feel bad. I just did a small jalapeno harvest myself and I found them very mild. This first harvest I get from jalapenos are not that hot, same thing happend last year to me. When I pick them like in july-oct. they are really hot.

I have about 8 Jalapeno plants that I am growing, I planed on giving most of them away to family, but they all pissed me off. Now it seems I will be eating lots of poppers this year, and I am ok with that :dance:

Nice looking plant. I wait until I get the brown crinkles in the pods before I pick. I like the flavor of the green.

Those poppers look too good. Will be making them soon.

Carvin that plant is pushing a lot of jalapenos man!!!! If they are to your likings as far as taste and heat goes, Pick them all!! Then it will put everything into growing new pod sights, all in all more peppers in the long :P NIce plant Carvin. A jalapeno fan myself.

I just picked all but two or three that were still small.

It is like the difference between green and red bell peppers that you buy at the grocery store - green are immature, red are mature. If you haven't tried both side-by-side, to see which you prefer, I recommend you do so.

All the red bells at grocery stores around here are a different type of pepper, and taste different than a red-ripe green bell... a little less bell type taste and a little bit of an apple taste.

I tried some of my japs 2 weeks ago and where very mild almost like a green bell then tried one yesterday and it had very nice heat... I picked about 45 .. Like was stated before... Popper time!!!

Back