• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Jalapeno question?

I have grow peppers of many types from time to time.. But I recently bought a few green jalapenos from a local mom an pop produce market that I have been going to years, always the freshest an cheaper than supermarket!! Not thinking much about it I didn't ask were they had gotten the jalapenos from.. Well when I got home, I sliced them and the stems were orange! I had never seen this before with regular green jalapenos? does anyone know what makes it that way?

I have cut into green jalapenos and seen orange/red IMO its just the pepper ripening as a green jalapeno will ripen to red. I have also gotten a few duds without any heat when you cut into then from the grocery store.

If you really want to try a tasty Jalapeno.... try one in full red.... they make awesome "poppers" in the red phase... fully ripe... full of flavor.

As much difference as a green Bell vs a red Bell..

try it .... you'll like it....

Bruce

I love a fresh Jalapeno now and then, this is the biggest I ever grew, most are half the size.
062911205910.jpg

youre in lutz???? you throw disc? and if you need some awesome jalos come by my place ill sell you them by the pound!

also you jam? play any instrument?

Same with Serranos. Green Jalapeños and Serranos both are ok but red.... Awesome. Much more flavor.

Back