• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Jalapeño sauce

As a huge Jalapeño fan, I make and purchase many Jalapeño sauces.
I divide them into two groups - Traditional sauces & untraditional sauces. the traditional ones are the ones with usually green Jalapeños, vinegar and such. the untraditional ones are sometimes with red Jalapeños, a mix of red and green while not using vinegar at all. the flavors usually come from spices, not vinegar. maybe even lime, garlic, cilantro or whatever. anyhow, I like them all. that pickled flavor sometimes feels just right. for example I just had some Sint Maarten Guavaberry Company's Island Jalapeño sauce, which is pretty traditional.

So what's *your* favorite bought Jalapeño sauce or recipe? there's never enough Jalapeño to go around.

Big Daddy's Amplified Heat

This stuff has to be one of the best sauces I've ever had. They use smoked green jalapeños and it is just absolutely phenomenal. I tried it at the Austin Hot Sauce festival last year, and while most companies would have 1 good sauce and a couple alright sauces Big Daddy's had 4 great sauces.

They're just hard to find in stores around here.

You'd love this one OMRI, you definitely have to get your hands on a bottle.

imaguitargod said:
I actually like Blair's Jalapeno Death alot.

Definately one of my favorites.
But I still prefer to experiment and make my own. I have been playing with freshed jalepenos and chopped garlic/shallots wrapped in cheese cloth for 1 week in the fridge. Then I use this as a sauce base

imaguitargod said:
I actually like Blair's Jalapeno Death alot.
Its actually the only Blair's product that I ever liked.
I've always liked the combination of Jalapenos, tequila, and lime

Back