Jalapeno!

Laugh if you want, but this is what I call a beautiful pepper. This is the first full red ripe pod, I had a few green ones 'cause I just couldn't wait. In the world of Jalapenos, these are about a 7 out of 10 for heat. I am so looking forward to devouring this baby. Check out the major corking on this beauty!

BMLxGJECQAAjT4S.jpg

Oh that is definitely one awesome looking jalapeno!

KingLeerUK said:
The best way to enjoy?  Sliced with brie and water table crackers.
Now we're talking!

Nice looking Jalapeño! By far my favorite pepper. raw, pickled, grilled. all fantastic!

Awesome looking Jalapeno!! I just picked my first one last weekend.  I didn't wait till it turned red but it was starting to cork too.  Love those peppers, I hope you get lots more very soon!!

Fried ripe jalapeno, grilled ripe jalapeno, stuffed ripe jalapeno, snacking in garden ripe jalapeno.

Why must i wait ?!

To the original poster, i agree.

Lookin' good! Nice corking on that one. My jals are just now starting to pour in. I've got a Jumbo Jalapeno that i got from Lowe's last year and overwintered. Jals are one of my favorite peppers. It's nice to be able to eat one and not need a half-hour  for recovery.

I'm growing a fantastic list of superhots but if I didn't grow several jalapeno and serrano plants each year, I'd get in big trouble around the house. We love them and that pod looks great!

Big Mike

I like both green and red. Red is much sweeter. Great flavor. I did the same thing with Serranos last year and they were very sweet but packed a punch.

Back