Jalapeno?

serranoxjalapeno.jpg

Those look really nice. Coming along very well. I got some that have popped their little heads out. Maybe a couple more weeks.

Jalapeno its not, Its a serrano. or variation thereof
I know cross polination with have imediate impact on taste or heat, but does it also have imediate effects on physical attributes? I have a few jalapeno plants growing in close proximity to this serrano plant. I took a slightly smaller pod from the same branch. It had slightly thicker walls, the sweet green jalapeno taste and the typical serrano burn. over all, slightly different, but good.

willard3 said:
There is a section for this called, oddly, "pepper id"

Oddly, this was a topic specificaly related to growing two different peppers in close proximity and getting a pod variation. not a question of ID.
I know what the pod is.

HP22BH said:

Oddly, this was a topic specificaly related to growing two different peppers in close proximity and getting a pod variation. not a question of ID.
I know what the pod is.
 What is your understanding of the use of question marks in English?

HP22BH said:
Jalapeno its not, Its a serrano. or variation thereof
I know cross polination with have imediate impact on taste or heat, but does it also have imediate effects on physical attributes? I have a few jalapeno plants growing in close proximity to this serrano plant. I took a slightly smaller pod from the same branch. It had slightly thicker walls, the sweet green jalapeno taste and the typical serrano burn. over all, slightly different, but good.

As Nightshade mentioned.  Cross pollination will only show crossed traits in the plants grown out from seed from the current years pods in the following year.  The current years pods will not be affected in any way.  Are you sure the seeds you grew this serrano from are pure?  Could you have mislabeled?

compmodder26 said:

As Nightshade mentioned.  Cross pollination will only show crossed traits in the plants grown out from seed from the current years pods in the following year.  The current years pods will not be affected in any way.  Are you sure the seeds you grew this serrano from are pure?  Could you have mislabeled?

Absolutely, I have been pulling and consuming serranos from ths plant for months now.
I will post a full pic of the plant that you can zoom in to respective pods and see for tour self. there are both serranos and this pod that I have yet to remove. I just ran out to make sure it was still there before I submitted this post.

it is and there is a typical serrano right below it.

spicy_echo said:
This is not a serrano plant or pepper....
see the 4 pics.

ser1.jpg
ser2.jpg
ser3.jpg
ser4.jpg

willard3 said:
Probably  better in Pepper ID, the section meant specifically for identification for those read..........
Yeah, well you know? some peoples kids, you just have to humor them.

It ends here and now.

I joined this forum because I have an appreciation for peppers that bite back and a sincere desire to learn how to grow more, bigger and better peppers. I have absolutely NO interest in getting into a flame war, a war of words or any other back and forth exchange of posts that dont have anything to do with the original topic. when I post a topic and you feel you have something positive to contribute, Please do so. other wise, please dont bother. I fully appreciate the positive feed back I have received that pertain to any of the topics I have initiated. thanks to all those who have already contributed.

To those who seem to be going out of their way to continue a negetive exchange, and you know who you are, dont!

I beleive all the topics I have started are in the correct forum, if they are not, the mods will move them and say so. since this has not been done. let it go.

I will no longer respond in any way or form to anyone that seems to have nothing better to do than instigate an issue.

Why are you playing the victim, you plainly posted a thread in the 'growing' forum with a picture and the title "Jalapeño?'. What were you looking for?

if need be maybe the mods should move your thread........if you have a question, please ask it in the opening post, it makes it easier for everyone to understand

Back