• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jamaican Pimenta,AKA Allspice

MVC-032S.jpg
MVC-030S.jpg

Has anybody ever grown Allspice?This is what they smoke Jamaican jerk over.I'm trying to get an authentic flavor,but have never been to Jamaica.I'm also going to try to clone this,so any helpful hints would be apreciated!Hopefully this will be large enough to trim a bit by the time my Choc. Habs,and Scotch bonnets are ripe!

Yes,i can buy Allspice seeds.I love grilling,smoking meats.I have looked for a while for the chips to add to the smoker,with no luck.Recently found a place in Wisconson that sells a few sticks for an outrageous price.Authentic jerk is cooked over Allspice branches,leaves etc.I found this tree locally at Jene's Tropicals.I beleive they ship online.It set me back $25,not to seriuous,i'm hoping to clone it,i've never cloned before,i hear jell is the way to go.Does anybody have a suggestion as to a medium?

igg-yes,pretty skinny...another reason i'd like to clip it,maybe fatten it up a bit.Its gonna be hard to resist putting the tops on a hot grill with some chicken and pickapeppa tho...If i clone it it will pay off down the road!Do i wrap the branch in rockwool,can i leave rockwool on and direct into pot?Thanks in advance.

I've never actually gotten something to live after cloning....so I'm not the best person to get advice from. But here's what I know.

Cut a branch off and make the cut a 45 dregree angle. Then dip that end in the rooting solution. Place that end into a rockwool cube, then feed with with a specific nutrient solution....

Back