food Jamican Curry Goat

I went to the store to get a nice roast for the crock pot, but the market is now more ethnic. So I got a few pounds of Goat since I never tried and said what the hell. I had what I needed here, so here it goes, hope it tastes goot.
005-1.jpg

So I had the Key lime, onion, fatali ( no scotch bonnet) carrot, red curry paste hot vinegar... and so on.
Take goat and marinate with the above... thats as far as i got so far...
006-2.jpg

There are a thousand recipes out there, so it's kinda a mix with no real portions... I'll add to this later one i had time to consume enough barleypops to get cookin... Wife's lookin over steak and shake coupons contemplating her dinner, now I guess I don't have to worry if it's too hot.

Goin all out, even broke out the pressure cooker, don't want to wait hours, and since it doesn't get used much... figured it would be goot. It's one of those things ya use once or twice and seem to forget about for a year. My granny used her old weighted one almost every day when I was a kid. I am also going to make Jamaican rice and peas for a side.
http://eatjamaican.com/recipes/riceandpeas-recipe.html
Lil different version than the Cajun beans and rice...

The wife and I honeymooned in Jamaica, and I had curried goat a few times - it's great. Yours looks off to a good start. Post some finished pictures!

Well, let me start by sayin I ain't never had no damn GOAT... well Orlando is just a lil less ethnic than Miami, but I love trying new things... Hell I have a bottle of fish sauce I sip to get my anchovy fix... almost every time I get a wobbly pop and a shot of sauce... lately it has been Screamin Peaches... Anyway back to the poor critter who sacrificed his/her life to feed me. The smell in here is indiscrible... mostly curry paste, and a ton of garlic.
Browned ready to be put under pressure...
015.jpg

No turning back now... i am doing this with a completely open mind, trying to discover whats out there is whats it's about to me. I'm as cracker as a cracker could be, but the thought of fork shred able meat, rice and beans makes me happy in my pants...
016-1.jpg

Just waiin on he MAHHHHHHH or whatever the sound they make is...

No doubt skillfully conceived and executed, I just don't think I could go there with a goat! A cat, rabbit, dog....maybe.

[help me over this affliction :) ]

I make Goat Curry all the time. Here in Hawaii we have wild Spanish Goats and they are NOT native and cause a lot of destruction. So, we get to go bowhunting some of the most beautiful hunting grounds one could imagine and eat good too.
Kalalau4.jpg

Back