Jeepers Creepers

If I have a fresh Moruga vs using a dried pod or powder in a recipe is there much of a difference in its heat ? Also what about its creeping affect after ingestion ? 

PS- I know nothing beats fresh when it comes to flavor but I'm curious about the heat and the creeping nature of the pepper fresh vy dried. Thanks !

to me the fresh peppers the oils explode in your mouth, spreading everywhere quickly.
The dried pods / flakes take longer as your saliva hydrates the pepper and spreads the oils. so its kinda like delayed release medicine.
I've never eaten a spoonfull of powder, but imagine it's a combination of both lol  :fireball:  

That is great info as I have a ton of dried and await my plants producing the fresh ones. I've also placed an order for a mixed box of fresh. I can't wait to get them lol. I've never has a fresh super hot before and this will be my first time using them.

SavinaRed said:
That great info as I have a ton of dried and await my plants producing the fresh ones. I've also placed an order for a mixed box of fresh. I can't wait to get them lol. I've never has a fresh super hot before and this will be my first time using them.
good luck! :D

chile_freak said:
good luck! :D
I just ate the tip of a chocolate scorpion and it was to much for me. I will never try eating one whole, its insane lol. A hab is as hot as I will go eating it whole. And that is plenty hot for me and not enjoyable at all. I have no desire to build up any tolerance for raw peppers. Now in a salsa is another story. I just made my usual batch with a dozen habs and used 3 choc moragu's and took all the seeds out so I can dry them and use for next year. The sauce is to hot to be enjoyable IMHO. I think 1 super hot is plenty with the 12 habs for my tastes. 

Sure, well many of the superhots are 12x hotter than your avg habanero. Question first you mention chocolate scorps, then choc morugas, did u get both? The heat difference is vast is why I ask, choc scorps are barely superhots in my opinion, whereas chocolate morugas are HOT!

Back