• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Jerk Chicken/Marinade Help, Please

I know nothing about this dish other than it looks like something I want to try this Summer.  Plus, I will have plenty of Scotch Bonnet peppers, soon.  Can someone provide either a classic jerk marinade recipe, or provide a link to one?  Youtube only has about 60,000 recipes, so I'm a little lost right now.  Thanks.

Also, if there is a traditional mango/pepper sauce that need, I'd appreciate that recipe/link, as well.

Oh hell lol. Convinced you work for them.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
^^Yeah I have used that recipe before....still love me some Walkerswood ;)
I second that! Wasnt sure if they sold walkers wood in the states...Best jerk seasoning out there!

JayT said:

Cool site, but I have never seen a jerk recipe that didn't call for scallions.  Hmm.

Technically escallion (Jamaican scallion) but yeah, for true. Similar to scallion but they swear it is more flavorful. 

I like the color of WW and your recipe looks solid JT, wonder what makes theirs so brown. I saw a really good show on the Cooking channel but cannot find the damn thing now and it should the process I wanted to follow to make it. 

Back