food Jerk Chicken, Non Oven Ribs, and even veggies!

Ahh I love Springtime, getting up early, making myself a bloody mary, and getting charcoal going in the smoker for a morning of bbq. Today it is Jerk Chicken Thighs, an Baby Back Ribs. I also am doing something that I don't usually do with the smoker, and am cooking some veggies (carrots, asparagus, red bell pepper, and yellow squash. They have a splash of olive oil, sea salt, cracked black pepper, and a drizzle of balsamic on them, and are wrapped in foil. The chicken is marinated in Patter Farm Sauce's Jerk Sauce, and sprinkled with McCormick's Jerk Seasoning. The rubs are rubbed with a combination of Joyner's coffee rub, Fat Kid Sauce's BBQ Goodness rub, and Heartbreaking Dawn's Cajun rub. They are being smoked over charcoal with some soaked apple and cherry chips.

100_1612.JPG

100_1613.JPG

100_1615.JPG

More to come later.

I do have one G, but I don't want too much smoke getting in.

two hours in:

100_1616.JPG

100_1617.JPG

100_1619.JPG

I just pulled the chicken off, slathered it with more jerk sauce and put it on the grill to finish. I also put the veggies in the smoker.

Stay tuned... Brutus will be making an appearance later!

Jerk chicken thighs are done.

100_1622.JPG

100_1623.JPG

100_1625.JPG

100_1628.JPG

100_1629.JPG

100_1631.JPG

BRUTUS!!!

100_1634.JPG

100_1633.JPG

Somehow the final pics of the ribs before I cut them and the pics of the veggies done didn't turn out, or I drunk deleted them not sure which,.

Jerk thighs look good, how was the flavor with that Patter Fam sauce?

I like it, it is a little on the sweet side. I would probably prefer a little more allspice, and a little more heat, but overall it is good. Makes for a great glaze.

That last pic looks awful. I will take another with the next plate full. You can't even see the smoke ring on the ribs. Damn you Brutus.

Yeah looks white like pork chops. Need a better rib pic.

F$%K you really are gonna have to wait. I sliced up the rest of the ribs only to find out that my batteries are dead in the camera and the backup batteries are dead too. Charging, charging, charging.... Later I promise.

Looks great J.
I, too, am enjoying a springtime day around the smoker.
Kids are in the pool, music playin, the whole 9.

Hope it was a good one!

Yeah, we are in the pool too. NOT! Just broke 50F here. It was in the 30s when I started this morning.

I wish I was at your house today. Bloody Mary's, Smoked meat, veggies, and Brutus.
Got an extra couch? It all looks good to me. Nice bark on the ribs it looks like and the chicken with the glaze has a great color. Way to go, Mister!

View attachment 5091

Back