• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Jigsaw heat level

Hello everyone...has anybody eaten a Jigsaw pepper? I'm growing some and was wondering if the heat level compares to any other well-known chilis such as jalapeños, serranos or habaneros. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Yeah, that’s the ornamental annuum for sure. I’m growing it this year as well, and have already been blown away by its foliage.

So yeah, you’re looking at about Serrano heat level. Usual ornamental reputation, for food: usable, not bad, but not as flavorful as culinary varieties.
Isn't the jigsaw a super hot? That would mean quite a bit hotter than a habanero.
Or are there more pepper varieties with "jigsaw" in the name?

I'm only aware of 1 Jigsaw but there could be other varieties. The reviews on the seed company's website where I bought my seeds have some people claiming they are jalapeño hot while others say hotter than habaneros. I'll just have to wait and see...with a tall milk shake ready just in case! 😎

if it is a fatalli gourmet jigsaw....my friend...it will burn for real, is a very very hot one, i´ve grown in the past quite a few, this year i try to grow again a small amount of seeds but they don´t want to grow...

Thanks for your input! I guess time will tell. The seeds came from Baker Creek and the exact classification wasn't given. Here is the picture on their site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-064834_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-064834_Chrome.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 120
Yeah, that’s the ornamental annuum for sure. I’m growing it this year as well, and have already been blown away by its foliage.

So yeah, you’re looking at about Serrano heat level. Usual ornamental reputation, for food: usable, not bad, but not as flavorful as culinary varieties.

Last edited:
Solution
OK. Good to know! Thanks again. I've got mine in a non-circulating 1 gallon hydro bucket. If it gets too big I'll move her into a 5 gallon bucket. I can't wait to try some! 😊

Attachments

• 20220403_093434.jpg
    20220403_093434.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220403_093424.jpg
    20220403_093424.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 101
Back