chinense Jim Weaver`s Chocolate Lightening Habanero

I think we really have to drop the habanero name for this group of peppers. These are like habaneros as much as I`m like Brad Pitt!

Another one created by Jim Weaver and grown by Ajijoe. Thanks Joe!

There are a number of colors of the Lightening Hab. - yellow, peach, green, red and chocolate, so quite a selection of colors and heat levels. The flavors are just great.

I loved the rich, yet balanced aroma of this pepper. It was similar to the yellow version, but much more fruity, earthy, rich and delicious. 

The flavour was wonderful and I`m not fond of chocolate pods in general. It was sweet, fruity and had some nice acidity to balance all the flavors out beautifully. Although there was a tiny undercurrent of bitterness, I actually liked that aspect of the flavour. 

The heat comes on very slowly, but when it does it crashes down like an old Russian satellite. These are very hot, easily in the superhot category. I`d put them around the same sort of level as a red 7-pot or red scorpion (not Butch T).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxRu53nRnmI&feature=youtu.be

"I think we really have to drop the habanero name for this group of peppers. These are like habaneros as much as I`m like Brad Pitt!"
"The heat comes on very slowly, but when it does it crashes down like an old Russian satellite." :rofl: 

Great Review. I think Joe really has it out for you dude! You better watch what he sends you next, he will probably call it some kind of Jalapeno. 

SL3 said:
"I think we really have to drop the habanero name for this group of peppers. These are like habaneros as much as I`m like Brad Pitt!"
"The heat comes on very slowly, but when it does it crashes down like an old Russian satellite." :rofl: 

Great Review. I think Joe really has it out for you dude! You better watch what he sends you next, he will probably call it some kind of Jalapeno. 
MUH AH HA HA!!!

you got struck by lightning!!

i said it was hot, dude i still gotta hand it to you you did it, even though it took your lunch money, WOW YOU WERE TURNING RED!! i was getting a little worried about you and i would have felt terrible if somethingt happened to you!!
i want to assure you my intentions are NOT that you die a slow painful death but i admit its fun to watch!!LOL :P ;)

did anyone grow a few of the other lightnining hab colors like maybe the RED,PEACH OR MUSTARD this year that Nigel could get his hand on for a review??  I KNOW I AND OTHERS WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM DO THEM!! :dance:
really great review NIGEL OLD BOY!!! you are a real trooper and sorry it took me so long to get to this one

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

Back