• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jimmy Nardello is about to flower.

I've got plenty wouldn't mind have a smaller one early, any chance of it actually producing a few?
L9umpc3.jpg

Hawkins said:
any chance of it actually producing a few?
Yes...

A constant debate is early/smaller pods by letting them go now or culling the buds so plants expend energy in growth for a more prolific harvest later in the season due to larger plants.

I looked your profile over and noted you have damn good plant numbers so I recommend letting a few go/fruit now & compare to some you do snip/cull early buds & compare the results later in the season.

YMMV

I pulled all but one off, I figured worst case is losing one plant. I can spare it, plus I'm just excited to try one super early. Not sure how it's going to work since my lights are 6500k, but we'll see.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Yes...

A constant debate is early/smaller pods by letting them go now or culling the buds so plants expend energy in growth for a more prolific harvest later in the season due to larger plants.

I looked your profile over and noted you have damn good plant numbers so I recommend letting a few go/fruit now & compare to some you do snip/cull early buds & compare the results later in the season.

YMMV

Yum the Jimmy Nardello peppers are excellent [emoji108]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hawkins said:
I thought I needed warm colors for fruit growth?

Not at all. Spectrum will affect growth and can optimize for flowering, root development, node spacing, etc., but you can blow the doors off just fine running 6,500K from beginning to end.

EDIT:  This is from my indoor grow this winter and it never saw anything other than 6,500K in its entire life
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/70211-canedog-off-season-season-201819/?p=1617768

Back