• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Jobe's Organic Vegetable Spikes for young plants?

Has anybody used this? I ordered a bag of 50 spikes. They are 2-7-4 NPK, very slow release.

I tried to transfer some of my seedlings in Jungle Growth mix this year with horrible results. Purple stems, losing Cotyledons, yellow leaves. It looked like phosphorous lock to me.

I grew the second batch in Miracle Grow potting mix with excellent results. I got all of the others out of the Jungle Growth and into the Miracle Grow and within a week, they were green as can be, and undistinguishable from the bunch.

I have one trinidad scorpion that I left in the Jungle Growth, and it looks terrible. I threw oneh of the Jobe's spikes in there today, to see if it helps.

Just curious if anyone else has gone this route.

I don't know anything about the Jobe's spikes but I would imagine that they wouldn't disperse the nutes as well and uniformly as a liquid. Great to hear that you're having excellent results with Miracle Gro! I have too! :)

I remember my Grandma used to use these, and I thought they were mediocre. This was back in the early 80's, and I used to think how could those things possibly work, being a kid back then. Anyway, one time I found a 100 pack on sale for .50 cents, and I thought what the hell, I'll try em out. This was about 5 years ago and since then, I always buy em as they seem to give really good growth boosts. Im pretty pleased with the Jobe's plant spikes as I use these mainly for my plants at my work and have very good results. Im sure the organics are just as good or better.

Back