• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Joomla expert needed

I am looking for someone knowledgeable with Joomla and able and willing to lend support and or advice. I am not a web designer and have been wasting time trying to do it all myself. And not doing it.

AJ Drew said:
I am not a Joomla expert, but if youd think about switching platforms to Wordpress I know my way around.
I appreciate your offer AJ , but there were several reasons I selected Joomla over WordPress back during that decision process.

Are you on managed hosting specifically for Joomla? With no experience I'd in the least suggest Joomla managed hosting where they can help and machines are optimized for it. The tech help goes beyond normal hosting and they are versed in Joomla.

Good luck!

Walchit said:
Your making the website for chili-con or what?!?!?
For like the 4th time.

The Hot Pepper said:
Are you on managed hosting specifically for Joomla? With no experience I'd in the least suggest Joomla managed hosting where they can help and machines are optimized for it. The tech help goes beyond normal hosting and they are versed in Joomla.

Good luck!
I have been trying to avoid that for some reason. Maybe just hoping the local jr college would introduce a course.

The Hot Pepper said:
No promises, but I will look into it.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have used Joomla for years and do all my own administration, can you expand upon your current issues and version?
Hey Chris, Thought about contacting you but felt I may have exceeded my time limit already.

Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ] 1-December-2016 22:46 GMT

When you type the url into the address bar you are taken here

Directory /

Looks like you have the wrong files in root. I would imagine what is in the full package folder needs to be in root, including your index.php. Your site will not load w/o an index file. And it's in a folder in root, not in root.

Sorry did not mean root, I meant the public_html folder in root. Upload the contents of the folder to public_html, not the folder itself.

It's not a joomla issue it's a server folder hierarchy issue.

CAPCOM said:

For like the 4th time.

I have been trying to avoid that for some reason. Maybe just hoping the local jr college would introduce a course.

No promises, but I will look into it.

Hey Chris, Thought about contacting you but felt I may have exceeded my time limit already.

Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ] 1-December-2016 22:46 GMT

When you type the url into the address bar you are taken here

Directory /

Did you install Joomla yourself? As Pookie stated this is all about the pointers on path locations. 

In your public_html you should have a folder like www.chili-con.net and inside of there is the full blown Joomla install. 

It is also a very good practice to have a devsite if you will so you can test new ideas and changes before moving to production. Mine is stale but as you can see working on a cookbook/recipe section idea.

https://heatmadesimple.com/devsite/

Basically all you have to do is highlight all the files and folders in the full package folder and move them into public_html. Then, delete the empty folder. Or you can reupload and and delete.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
It is also a very good practice to have a devsite if you will so you can test new ideas and changes before moving to production. Mine is stale but as you can see working on a cookbook/recipe section idea.

https://heatmadesimple.com/devsite/

I'm surprised it's public, you know about seo penalties for duplicate content.

Yeah I did notice that :) I know u know that stuff. 

Back