• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Joyner's Hot Pepper Powder Reviews

Hey All,

I was very fortunate to have Chris from Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders shoot me a few sample bags of his powders for review. So, I will be posting some of my first powder reviews below. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

White Habanero Powder

Caribbean Chocolate

These are awesome reviews - dig your style, the green screen is super cool in terms of effect & you maintain your composure extremely well. Great job!

Thanks Lucky Dog, I appreciate the great feedback. I have to figure out some things with the green screen though. I don't like the pixelation around my hands in front of it. Plus there are some other little areas elsewhere. I need to figure out a way to tighten it all up. :)

I like your delivery - excited to see how composed you are with the super crazy hots. I'm guessing it'll be fun to see you try.
:woohoo:

Thanks! I'm working my way up to the hottest. However, I'm not sure which is which. My guess is that the increasing order is...

15 Pepper Blend
Smoked Fire (Trinidad Scorpion & Naga Morich)
Yellow Ghost
Naga Morich

Thanks! I'm working my way up to the hottest. However, I'm not sure which is which. My guess is that the increasing order is...

15 Pepper Blend
Smoked Fire (Trinidad Scorpion & Naga Morich)
Yellow Ghost
Naga Morich

Smoked fire may or may not be the hottest. I guess your review will let us know. :) The 15 blend is tricky, on pizza the first bite can be mild and the 2nd bite sets you on fire.

Great reviews for sure. Looking forward to the rest and will be happy to send ones to you that you did not receive this time around. I think I have right around 25 types currently, some limited of course.

Smoked fire may or may not be the hottest. I guess your review will let us know. :) The 15 blend is tricky, on pizza the first bite can be mild and the 2nd bite sets you on fire.

Great reviews for sure. Looking forward to the rest and will be happy to send ones to you that you did not receive this time around. I think I have right around 25 types currently, some limited of course.

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it. I'm enjoying reviewing the ones you sent me. I didn't know a good powder until I tasted yours. I'm thinking you've set the bar fairly high here. Great texture, flavor, and heat. Thank you again for sending me the samples, I greatly appreciate it.

Side note: I will be trying to figure out how to clean up my videos a little more. I'd like them to look a tad bit professional, not over the top, just cleaned up.

I can tell you on thing for sure, if you try my other recommendation about adding the powder to noodles, you will find the heat is hotter overall for each one. The hot liquid releases the oils and brings a whole different experience. You might be able to do 2 reviews per powder, raw as is and also using in Ramen Noodles. I think you will shocked at how it changes in a food product. Keep up the awesome reviews!

Outstanding.
I RARELY watch "review" videos because sometimes they are just to painful to watch, and not in a good way.
You done did a fine job. Hats off to you.
Very professional, and yet laid back. I like your style.
You made my mouth water, what does that tell you? LOL

The green screen is like a breath of fresh air. No kitty litter boxes and dead Ficus plants in the background. :rofl:

Great job sir.

Outstanding.
I RARELY watch "review" videos because sometimes they are just to painful to watch, and not in a good way.
You done did a fine job. Hats off to you.
Very professional, and yet laid back. I like your style.
You made my mouth water, what does that tell you? LOL

The green screen is like a breath of fresh air. No kitty litter boxes and dead Ficus plants in the background. :rofl:

Great job sir.

Thank you very much Scoville, I appreciate the great feedback. I'm still learning and am always looking for ways to improve.

LOL
"The green screen is like a breath of fresh air. No kitty litter boxes and dead Ficus plants in the background."

I had one person suggest that I change up my background, to my garden or something. Since I film, most of the time, at night and I can't get my equipment on the patio....I went tech. In previous reviews I showed photo of my garden. I figured showing the logo of the person who sent me the powder was the proper thing to do.

However, maybe next time I mix it up and have Iron Chef showing behind me. :P

I can tell you on thing for sure, if you try my other recommendation about adding the powder to noodles, you will find the heat is hotter overall for each one. The hot liquid releases the oils and brings a whole different experience.

An article I was reading over the weekend on different paprickas said the exact same thing. If the author wanted to use paprika as a garnish for the color, they would just sprinkle it on cold and it would have hardly no taste, if the author wanted to bring out the full flavor, it was suggested to put it in some hot oil or water to pull out the flavor. One interesting thing I did learn about paprika is that it is nothing more than ground annums. Any ground annum qualifies as paprika according to the article. So Chris, if you have any dried annums, you can market it as an exotic paprika and charge more. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Red jalapeno paprika!

I think my logo in the background is perfect for reviews for my stuff! No need to change perfection.

Hehe. I was thinking of modifying your logo a little bit, just so you could actually see it. Currently my big head is in the way. However, if you like it how it is...I'll leave it. :)

I can tell you on thing for sure, if you try my other recommendation about adding the powder to noodles, you will find the heat is hotter overall for each one. The hot liquid releases the oils and brings a whole different experience. You might be able to do 2 reviews per powder, raw as is and also using in Ramen Noodles. I think you will shocked at how it changes in a food product. Keep up the awesome reviews!

I can attest to this! I've been eating some butch t powder lately, and put on something dry like a sandwich or burger it's hot, but tolerable. I put some of this into a bowl of chili the other day and OUCH! That stuff burned me up! Ya try joyners powders in something with some liquid that will allow the capsaicin to rehydrate and scorch your face off. I like that idea!

I can attest to this! I've been eating some butch t powder lately, and put on something dry like a sandwich or burger it's hot, but tolerable. I put some of this into a bowl of chili the other day and OUCH! That stuff burned me up! Ya try joyners powders in something with some liquid that will allow the capsaicin to rehydrate and scorch your face off. I like that idea!

Do you guys think soup would be fine to review it in? I could just do a two parter review. First half, straight powder, then second half in soup. 1/2 gram per review. :)

Do you guys think soup would be fine to review it in? I could just do a two parter review. First half, straight powder, then second half in soup. 1/2 gram per review. :)
I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, soup is a great vessel for powders. Add it when you are boiling the water and it will release its love, you will be shocked at how different your review becomes. As for the logo, shrink it just a tad so it is all on screen and you could add www.heatmadesimple.com. :) I can do that for you if you want, already have one like that.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, soup is a great vessel for powders. Add it when you are boiling the water and it will release its love, you will be shocked at how different your review becomes. As for the logo, shrink it just a tad so it is all on screen and you could add www.heatmadesimple.com. :) I can do that for you if you want, already have one like that.

Excellent! Then that's how I'll roll. :) It's cool, thanks Chris. I'll just modify the image to fit in there where people can see the whole thing with the URL.

Back