• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Joyner's What am I?

This very well may be what it should be but having never grown it and seeing it not change color has me wondering.

There are pods from two plants in this picture, orange ones are Aji Cito and the pales ones are what I have labelled Aji Habanero.

11202595_1035221186511607_4702030171933613881_n.jpg

Ideas? I have watched one start to somewhat rot without going from this pale color. 

Actually now looking at some additional pictures on Google maybe it is just fine and need to wait longer for color :) 

May still be Aji Habanero.   They are shorter and fatter than Aji Cito, with little to no heat.    I grew them for 2 years and found them to be very prolific and when indoors under lights they had variegated leaves.

I have 3 Aji Cito's from Pepperlover's stock that are setting pods the same color as yours.   Wonderful flavor.

MisterBigglesworth said:
May still be Aji Habanero.   They are shorter and fatter than Aji Cito, with little to no heat.    I grew them for 2 years and found them to be very prolific and when indoors under lights they had variegated leaves.

I have 3 Aji Cito's from Pepperlover's stock that are setting pods the same color as yours.   Wonderful flavor.
Agreed, I did more research and think they are just taking longer...Aji Cito are fantastic and hind site should have done 2 of them :)

Look like Aji Habanero to me, I am also growing.  So far mine have no detectable heat at all, I expected at least a little.  It'll make the wife happy anyhow, she is a wimp in regards to spicy peppers. 

I have two Aji Cito plants, at least I hope their Aji Cito, thx for the pic and the color explanation.  Anxiously awaiting them to change color.... fingers crossed! 

Aji Habanero.  My pods started the same way, looked like they were darkening with rot on the bottoms but i've finally had a couple start to ripen.   Tried one, no rot, it was just some darkening/staining for whatever reason but tasted great. 

This pic was from 5/29, I just got a pod to ripen in the last few days!

znxMN1Bh.jpg

Back