blenders Juicer / Blender Recommendations

Anyone have a non-extraction type juicer? We've had extraction types and don't want that.
I like the Vita-Mix, and the Healthmaster (blender type), and I know about the cost.
I was just wondering what y'all might have and how well you like it.
Maybe where you got it, and how much you paid would be helpful as well.

Thanks for your input!

a buddy of mine has a blendtec blender. thing pulls like 10 amps tho... it dims the lights his house. he does the whole kale and wheat grass smoothie thing, and apparently this thing gets the job done.

i think it was this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blendtec-ICB3-13Amp-Commercial-Smoothie-Blender-110V-Free-Shipping-/390356091247?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5ae309416f

Thanks QQ. I am liking the Blendtec brand, however, very $$$. The link you posted is for a refurbished one for $200.
Not into the refurbished stuff, but I appreciate you getting me to look in another direction.
I can tell this is going to take some time to investigate!

The Ninja Blender is the way to go. $99 at your local Lowe's and Wally World. Very impressed with it so far.

How does it do with Celery, and grapefruit? (for instance)

We just bought a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth juicer. It was rated number 2 on consumer reports. Number one was $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Don't know if this is the right type or not Scovis...

Nevermind. It's the extraction type. Ass.

As you may know, one of the few things the Cleveland area has going for it is that it is (close to) home for Vitamix. They have a very solid rep around here, and many people have told me not to be afraid to buy a refurbished one from them, that you won't be able to tell the diff, because the company is that serious about their products. They even have a payment plan (3 payments), if that interests you.

Thanks G!
I think we have it narrowed down to the Blendtec, Vitamix, and possibly the Omni.
Vitamix does have a great rep, and have been around for a long time.
For what we want I think it,s going to be close to $400. I might be changing my tune about refurbished...lol

Thanks for your input all,
And you too Sethquass.

I've recently picked up on the green smoothie craze. I've gone through five blenders (burnt up the first two, returned the second two). By far, and i really mean 'by far', the best blender I've had is the KitchenAid 560 series. It's $99 at most places and does a great job. The Ninja also has tons of fans, but I don't like the blade setup. The kitchen aid is super simple to clean, the base is very heavy and solid feeling, and stuff really doesn't get hung up in the pitcher. I would suggest getting one with the BPA-free poly carb pitcher. I would much prefer a glass pitcher, but i've read a number of complaints about the KitchenAid glass configuration. The plastic, on the other hand, has been perfect so far.

Edit: I should clarify that i was distinctly looking for sub $100 blenders. If this Kitchen Aid gives up I'm just going to get the BlendTec. My time is worth something. :)

Nice jcims.
Thanks for the awesome insight. I will definitely look into it. kitchenaid is another reputable brand.
Great info!

How does it do with Celery, and grapefruit? (for instance)

The Ninja does EVERYTHING!!! It dices, it slices, it juices. . . . . ok commercial over. But seriously, I gave the blender a test run on one of my sauces when I first got it. I normally try to remove the majority of the seeds just because I personally hate getting a lot of seeds in a sauce. This time, I left a good portion of them in just to see what would happen. It annihilated them!!! Another huge benefit for me was the 9 cup capacity.

Like I said, for the money, this thing is great. You can get all kinds of attachments and other mixing container for a package deal of $160.

I've heard really mixed reviews on KitchenAid appliances of any size. If you go with KA, use it, use it, use it a LOT the first month or so. If nothing happens by that point, you've probably got a good one, but if not, it's still easily returnable.

Back