• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video June 30th video update

Thanks for the kind words. Also, thanks for the heads up tctenten. I wonder if they harvest them while green, and they get the yellow appearance form soaking in the vinegar? Anyone have any good pickling recipes for tabasco peppers?

Tim

peppernovice said:
Thanks for the kind words. Also, thanks for the heads up tctenten. I wonder if they harvest them while green, and they get the yellow appearance form soaking in the vinegar? Anyone have any good pickling recipes for tabasco peppers?

Tim
Depending on what type of Tabasco plant it is, some do ripen from green to yellow to orange to red. Others go from green to red. I have never pickled them. I dried the pods then crush them.

Wow I just feel like I entered the Land of the Giants. Amazing plants !!!!!

My plants are all dwarfs by comparison lol............

Yes. All of the plants were started this season. I started the super hots and the habaneros on December 26th of 2013. The rest were started around the end of February or the beginning of March 2014.

Tim

peppernovice said:
  Yes. All of the plants were started this season. I started the super hots and the habaneros on December 26th of 2013. The rest were started around the end of February or the beginning of March 2014.

Tim
Well you sure have the "Green Thumb" with peppers !!

Back