• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just a few more questions

I'm also thinking of doing a deep water bucket grow and dedicating a room of my house to growing.
I was wondering if somebody could explain too me the flowering cycle of peppers. I have been searching but cant make sense of it.
-Does it happen in waves, is it continuous is it only on new growth or can flowers happen randomly anywhere on the plant?

-How do I pollinate with a paint brush, do I just brush all the flowers ?

-Do these plants flower continuously through their lives indoors ?

-What is considered a normal yield from a plant like Bhut jolokia ?

-I read around 9 plants is the average under a 400 watt MH or HPS but I also read that a 400 covers a 4x4 area... This doesnt make sense too me. Roughly how many Bhut size plants fit under a 400 watt light efficiently ?

Thanks for all the help so far !

when i use a paint brush i wet the brush then run it over the top of my hand to kind of dry it off then i pollinate the flowers that r all the way open

It's all hit and miss and no one can give a diffinate answer , how long is a pice of string , how long is a long wait(weight), u just have to suck and c, growing outside is better any way no power bill!

And u don't need deep just stable

Gunga growers wud stuff 100 into that space lol and get a few pounds : bong:

-Does it happen in waves, is it continuous is it only on new growth or can flowers happen randomly anywhere on the plant?
For me it's mostly been continuous allover the plant where there's new growth - I trim the plant back every so often for space and new growth'll happen just about anywhere - there's where I get new flowers.

-How do I pollinate with a paint brush, do I just brush all the flowers ?

I use an electric toothbrush on the back of the flower to jiggle pollen down.

-Do these plants flower continuously through their lives indoors ?

Mine do.

-What is considered a normal yield from a plant like Bhut jolokia ?

too many factors at hand... I've ranged from 2 per plant (in one "season") to ~50 .. quite variable for me still... I don't have it down to a science yet...

-I read around 9 plants is the average under a 400 watt MH or HPS but I also read that a 400 covers a 4x4 area... This doesnt make sense too me. Roughly how many Bhut size plants fit under a 400 watt light efficiently ?

I've had bhut's grow about 3' in diameter and 4' tall... they'll get as big as you let them (if conditions are right) -- -- I've not used a 400 watt bulb but I'd say 4x4 is about right for optimal coverage. You could stuff 9 plants into that space if you wanted to - just be sure you keep them trimmed back appropriately and you have very good air flow.. otherwise I thin it out to maybe 4 or 5 plants.

Back