• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just a quick question

Hello all :)

This year I overwintered my 2 Habs and the scotch bonnet I grew last summer, one of the habs died pretty swiftly and the second tried to grow back when I recently put it back by the window and has since just turned brown :/

However, on a better note the SB has grown back nicely in the past couple of weeks but only on half of the plant.

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Here some pics:

59068c24.jpg

d74c7015.jpg

b7c30b2a.jpg

bdab4244.jpg

Thanks, Matty

Looks like there is 'some' growth on all of the branches. I would just wait it out. If there is some growth, eventually, it should bush out. Perhaps there was some damage to the branch with little growth. Seeing that one leaf on the branch is a positive sign.

I agree; give the plant some time, especially once you put it out and the grow season starts.
It looks very healthy. Sometimes they just grow the way they want to!

Thats normal! Like others said give it some time! Now if you werent seeing any new growth, then you should be worried! :)

Was one side getting more sun than the other? That could explain the lopsided growth. Need to make sure that the sun is hitting the stalk everywhere you want it to put out growth.

Oh don't worry guys, I'm not panicing about it...was just curious! I gathered that there wouldn't be a great deal wrong with it, I just wondered if there may be a particular reason for it.

Was one side getting more sun than the other? That could explain the lopsided growth. Need to make sure that the sun is hitting the stalk everywhere you want it to put out growth.

Im using LED's and the light hits it all over so I don't think that's the problem.

I shall post another picture in a week or so, just so we can see how it changes :) Thanks for your answers so far (Y)

Back