• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just ate my first 7 pot brain strain

One of my 7 pot brain strain ripened two rather small peppers. Both were only the size of my ring finger tip. First of all I haven't eaten a lot of peppers in the past few months. I was eating a lot of ghost peppers in everything back around Christmas/New year, but at some point I stopped for no real reason at all. At that point habanero were nothing to eat whole. So with little conditioning I decided tonight was the evening to get my fist taste of brain strains. Right when I chomped down on the pepper,I knew I was going to be in complete agony. I instantly caught the in credible fruity flavour, but 20 seconds later, I was feeling the burn setting in. I tried as hard as I could to resist the glass of chocolate milk in front of me, but a little less than 3 minutes in I threw in the towel. This is the burn that I have been dreaming about. I sipped on a glass of milk over the next 25-minutes. The milk really only gave me temporary reprieve from the pain. I only hope that the stomach pain doesn't come back to me in the middle of the night.

No video? Awww...
Btw... eat solid food afterwards and never eat a superhot on an empty stomach, you will regret it. I used to do pepper reviews.

I woke up this morning and I guess I didn't have any cramps. Lol I didn't even think to of taking video. My wife very briefly caught me on her phone but it was only about 25 seconds long. I have a tiny reaper that started ripening. Maybe I will record eating it. I was really hoping to take in the experience with full sized pods, but that will not be for a while. I am going to up my pepper consumption to condition myself a little bit before those pods are ripe. There is still butch t. Scorpions, carolina reapers, Yellow Reapers, and chocolate reapers to come out of my garden.

Be careful eating mini Reapers. Small chillies can sometimes have all the heat in a lot less space so don't write it off as an easy way to eat the Reaper. Of course, it could be but it could just as easily not be.

Oh dear. One thing I can say is that as soon as I bit into the 7 pot it was like biting into a real juicy berry or tomato. There was a lot of oil inside that pepper. To me it seemed like the jump in heat vs ghost pepper was like a jump from habanero to ghost pepper, or quite similar. I really want to be able to ride out the burn with a bit more grace. They were so full of flavour.

Back