• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Just ate my first super hot

So, I just split a carolina reaper from Slade with my buddy Daniel. It was hot, really hot, but it was not as brutal as I thought it was going to be. I did only get half though. It had a very good flavor at first then the heat came. It burned when I talked, exhaled, hiccuped, and pretty much the rest of the time too. Its been about 45 minutes now and the roof of my mouth is still burning. I engulfed a ton of orange sherbert, a large glass of sweet tea, and an ice cream sandwhich. afterwards, haha.

Working on the video now, will get it up asap. LOTS of F-bombs, be warned! haha

Careful.

I have had several Reapers, and they are on average damned hot.

But beware, as with any pepper, you can as easily get one milder or hotter than average.

If your first super was a reaper, and you managed to survive 1/2 of a decent sized one without curling up on the floor for a bit, you either have b@ll$ of steel, or got a milder one.

You will find out in the morning.

The "second burn" is brutal. :fireball:

It was a little smaller than some of my other peppers, but it was serious. I eat a lot of spicy food, thats all I can come up with. It may have been a little milder than some, but it still packed a punch. I still have to eat one at work, so will see what happens the second go round

Back