• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just did a foliar spray with compost tea

Not sure if I want to continue to do foliar spraying with this stuff as it's a pain in the ass.
I spent more time trying to unclog the spray tip in my 1 gallon sprayer than I did actually spraying and that was after pouring it into the spray bottle through an old piece of panty hose. I just about threw the damn thing across the yard a couple of times. Damn it's only 10:30 am and I need a drink! :drunk:

Not sure if I want to continue to do foliar spraying with this stuff as it's a pain in the ass.
I spent more time trying to unclog the spray tip in my 1 gallon sprayer than I did actually spraying and that was after pouring it into the spray bottle through an old piece of panty hose. I just about threw the damn thing across the yard a couple of times. Damn it's only 10:30 am and I need a drink! :drunk:

Lol sounds like when I used to grow organic :surprised:

I use an old coffee maker. I dont plug it in, obviously. I just use it for the filtering capability. I've never had a problem with that fluid clogging up my spray tip. It will start slow and slow down. I will just pour a little in at a time and leave it.

Bro you got to be smarter than the sprayer ;) lol

Dont give up yet, you'll figure it out and it will be worth your trouble/learning curv.

Sorry bro, just had to bust your chops. This is the reason I don't use those little spray bottles anymore, I was going through like 2 per brew. I dont know what kind of sprayer you have but I love mine. It was $12 at Home Depot. It came with a filter on the intake line.

CIMG0060-2.jpg

Your HD must be more expensive than mine. That flowmaster sprayer runs $6.97 down here. Bought one about 6 months ago, nice sprayer for the price.

I used to use one of those sprayers that you hold in one hand, has the tune that's attached to a sprayer thingie. It worked great but got annoying. It was like $10 on sale at Tractor Supply. Might get one like ya'll have.

Did another spraying today with much better results as this time I strained the tea through a cotton rag.
Not a single clogged spray tip today through my 1 gallon spray bottle.
I am seeing improvements in the plants as well from the tea and I am only using compost out of my bin in the yard and some Brer Rabbit molasses.

Cayennemist, It would take me all day to keep filling one of those small things with all the plants in my yard.
It takes about an hour with the 1 gallon spray bottle I have.

0002615691140_500X500.jpg

Did another spraying today with much better results as this time I strained the tea through a cotton rag.
Not a single clogged spray tip today through my 1 gallon spray bottle.
I am seeing improvements in the plants as well from the tea and I am only using compost out of my bin in the yard and some Brer Rabbit molasses.

Cayennemist, It would take me all day to keep filling one of those small things with all the plants in my yard.
It takes about an hour with the 1 gallon spray bottle I have.

0002615691140_500X500.jpg

lol yeah I am thinking about going bigger as well. The 1Gal was good for the greenhouse but the babies are getting bigger and it is getting more tedious with that little guy.
The angle at the end of the wand is good for getting under the leaves. I'm glad you found a way to strain your tea.

Have you seen any budding? that was the first thing I noticed with Tea, buds showed up the next day almost!

Back