• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake just ground my first homegrown powder

and hell my throat and sinuses clear up like never before, i keep huffing coughing and sneezing and i dont even have a cold lol :hell:

used all sorts habs, de arbol, thai whatever, dried for a week on top of the warm refrigerator and blended in the coffee mill.

heh, thats one thing i KNOW noone else in my flat is gonna use besides me, the more the merrier :lol:

and all that from "airborne contamination" didnt even smell the powder directly, damnit cant wait to try it !

Wear protection my friend.

4023555670_c0b6617679_o.jpg

ottawapepper said:
Wear protection my friend.

4023555670_c0b6617679_o.jpg

This is your best option. I have a particle respirator that was purchased for painting I think. Even those cheap paper nose/mouth face masks will work, but the respirator is quite handy to have around.

Oh, and don't make the mistake I made once and just wear boxers while griding your peppers. Worst. Mistake. Ever.

No pants + Pepper powder = HORRIBLE

I'm getting a visual of a bloke wearing boxers, no shirt, and a respirator.....standing in front of a coffee grinder in a cloud of pepper dust.

good stuff!!

I've since learned to let the dust in the grinder settle for at least 1-2 minutes before attempting to lift the lid also. Even so, a lot of the fine powder will find its way out even while my hand is on the lid holding it down.

j883376 said:
I've since learned to let the dust in the grinder settle for at least 1-2 minutes before attempting to lift the lid also. Even so, a lot of the fine powder will find its way out even while my hand is on the lid holding it down.

oh yes i was reminded of that when removing my contact lenses OMG :mouthonfire::mouthonfire::mouthonfire:

i just got a coffee grinder yesterday.
ground up my peppers that i had already put through a food processor.

after i cleaned out the coffee grinder, i accidentally left the rag on the counter.
my lil bother whos about 5 years old, (is a lil autistic) and he likes to steal my mom's dish rags and smell/taste them...and he got ahold of the rag i used; and he came out of his room holding the rag, with a painful look on his face.
and my mom had a fit...

Minion §1 said:
well i got a hamilton beach coffee grinder...only cost $16

I tried using one of those to grind coffee for espresso. Never got good results. Good to hear it works on peppers. My current coffee grinder cost in the hundreds. :rolleyes:

Nice to be able to grind peppers without selling a kidney. :cool:

j883376 said:
This is your best option. I have a particle respirator that was purchased for painting I think. Even those cheap paper nose/mouth face masks will work, but the respirator is quite handy to have around.

Oh, and don't make the mistake I made once and just wear boxers while griding your peppers. Worst. Mistake. Ever.

No pants + Pepper powder = HORRIBLE

:lol"

or bathroom breaks in between!!!

Back