• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just had a wicked hail thunderstorm

roll through in New Jersey. Wow. My plants survived, but they look waterlogged.

Lots of flowers but so far only the cherry hots have some small peppers growing, that I can tell. The habs are just doing awful and the super hots are still small but I planted them late.

worlok said:
roll through in New Jersey. Wow. My plants survived, but they look waterlogged.

Lots of flowers but so far only the cherry hots have some small peppers growing, that I can tell. The habs are just doing awful and the super hots are still small but I planted them late.

Sorry to hear you were hit with ice bombs, but it sounds like the plants did ok.

How about a pic update. )

dammit Iggy...how many times do I have to tell you that is a croissant...not a hamburger

AlabamaJack said:
dammit Iggy...how many times do I have to tell you that is a croissant...not a hamburger

But it told me it was a French hamberger....why would it lie to me? WHY WOULD IT LIE TO ME!?!?!?!?!

AlabamaJack said:

Why is it called "Hamburger" when it comes from Ohio or Texas?

imaguitargod said:
But it told me it was a French hamberger....why would it lie to me? WHY WOULD IT LIE TO ME!?!?!?!?!

It lies to you cos it's from Hamburg!

I'll try to get some pics. My tallest plant is an Indian Byadagi chili grown from seeds in a bag of dried chilis that I got from an Indian market. The dried chilis are added to curry for flavor. (I also fry the dried ones in oil and salt them after - great snack) I am also growing hotter Sanam chilis from dried chilis in a bag that I get at the same markets. So far no fruit on either but there are lots of flowers and stuff. So far only pods are cherry hots. Cherry hots seem really resilient and willing to pod despite crappy summer weather.

I hope your weather cooperates with you so you can get some good fire for your cooking worlok...

Silver_Surfer said:
It's paranoid; thinks you're gonna eat it.
I would be as well if I were made out of meat....oh god! I am made out of meat!!!! AHHHH!!!

Armadillo said:
Why is it called "Hamburger" when it comes from Ohio or Texas?
Because it's a spy from Canada.

worlok said:
I'll try to get some pics. My tallest plant is an Indian Byadagi chili grown from seeds in a bag of dried chilis that I got from an Indian market. The dried chilis are added to curry for flavor. (I also fry the dried ones in oil and salt them after - great snack) I am also growing hotter Sanam chilis from dried chilis in a bag that I get at the same markets. So far no fruit on either but there are lots of flowers and stuff. So far only pods are cherry hots. Cherry hots seem really resilient and willing to pod despite crappy summer weather.
Look foward to the pics, hope the weather improves for ya.

IMG_2001.jpg

Yellowing is scaring me.

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

Habs looking gnarly & sickly - frikkin aphids - constant battle

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

The habs are the bushy gnarly ones, some bhuts and 7 pots and scorpions in these shots - the smallish ones - planted later. Yellowing leaves on some of the Sanam and super hots are scaring me.

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

Back